Part 2: Chapter 3

Everyone was lined up in the formation for the 57th Expedition beyond the walls. To all of the survivors from the fall of Wall Maria, they are aware of Erwin's plan. To everyone else, they know that the mission consists of leaving and returning back to the Calaneth District.

Aside from that clarification, what's unclear is Eren Jaeger's position. The soldiers that aren't in the know, believe that Eren is either in the Right Wing or the Left Wing. To most, it doesn't matter. Having a titan on the team is already eerie enough. 

The gate rose for the Scouts. Onlookers from the side watched and waited for the Scouts to depart. Family members prayed, young children gazed in admiration, a few of the older men scoffed and made odious remarks.

Nonetheless, the scouts were ready. Some unsure, but most ready.

"Captain Evee, will Eren be alright back there," Milo asks.

Captain Evee was in her head at the moment, but she did hear Milo's question. Personally, she wondered the same thing, but not about Eren. Levi is still her husband and even though she believes there's no real connection between them, she wants him to know that she's there for him.

"Trust the Special Ops First Division. Levi and everyone else will make sure Eren is safe." 'I just hope that Levi...'

Milo took her Captain's words to heart. She was right, if the Levi Squad can trust the Evee Squad then they deserve the same trust back.

Alain moved his horse closer to his captain. He was on a leave to visit his sister Eriza and his niece Farah because of the Trost Invasion. He wanted to make sure they were safe and before leaving on the Expedition he asked Commander Pixis if one of the Garrison soldiers could take Eriza to Wall Sina.

As long as his sister is safe, that's the most important thing to him right now besides carrying out the mission.

"You alright Captain," Alain asks Evee. He noticed her in deep concentration.

She nodded, not really aware of his question. She looked behind her to see Levi one last time. He didn't notice her from what she saw, but if he did catch her perceptive gaze, he deliberately avoided it.

Captain Evee turned back around, Embre observing her body language from behind, 'I'm tired of seeing her so depressed and dejected. The past five years of their marriage has been nothing but a lie. He doesn't treat her right at all, not giving her the attention that she deserves, not even giving her the same type of affection that she gives him if she even gives him any. If I were Captain Evee, I wouldn't give that bastard a damn thing. When we return from this Expedition, I'm going to confess to her. I'll make a promise to myself. I have to tell her how I really feel about her.'

"Scouts move out!!"