Chapter 2

I was able to somehow manage to ignore the guy over the next couple days, but it was easier said than done when he was in about all of my classes. The only classes we didn't share was Art and Advance Chem., which I was thankful for. He at least was not talking to me like he had been the first day. He kept drawing unwanted attention.

"Ooo," I heard Bailey say in a sing songy voice beside me at my locker putting my books away for the day, "I think someone has an admirer."

I rolled my eyes, "please, I doubt that."

"Really?" Bailey asked with a raised eyebrow, "Because I think this is the fifth time I caught him staring at you today."

I turned to look where Bailey was staring only to find Liam's dark, gorgeous blue eyes on me. Bailey was right, he was staring at me, but why me? There were plenty of other girls he could choose or pay attention to, why couldn't he pay any attention to them? They were all striving for his attention and glaring at me because I had his. I never meant to have his and I definitely don't want it, no matter how hot he was. And trust me, he was god-like with his dark brown hair, deep ocean blue eyes, chiseled jaw... no, no, no, stay away from those dangerous thoughts.

I gave him a glare and turned away from him but I still felt his eyes on me. I actually felt them on me all day, I just didn't give him any notice until Bailey said something.

"And I think someone else has a crush they don't want to admit," Bailey added and squealed. "This is great! Maybe you'll start acting like a normal teenager when you start dating him!"

"Dating him?" I scoffed and let out a very unladylike snort, "you're crazy if you think I'll ever start dating him. And I am normal. Just maybe not your normal."

"Never say never. He could be the one and you would never know because you never gave him a chance." She completely ignored the rest of what I said.

One more thing I forgot to mention about Bailey, she was a diehard romantic. She believed in fairytales and happily ever afters. She also believed in soul mates, that there was someone out there made just for you. Don't get me wrong, I love a great romance story, in fact they were one of my favorite things to read, but I knew those weren't true. There was no happily ever after and I didn't fool myself in believing there was one. I mean, if there was one, my parents never would have died when I was a baby. I'm just thankful my adoptive parents adopted me into their life. They were amazing and I loved them to death, I just wished I knew my real parents.

I couldn't help but laugh, "yeah, sure, go ahead and say that. The only 'one' for me is Coco." Coco is my cat. I absolutely love her to death and would even say sometimes she was the love of my life to get Bailey off my back about dating. I didn't need anyone else. Call me a crazy cat lady if you will but Coco is my baby. I rescued her off the streets two years ago when she was a kitten and abandoned by her mother, probably because she was too small and couldn't keep up with the rest of them. But she was absolutely an adorable Siamese/tabby mix, one of the cutest cats I've ever seen. She at least couldn't break my heart like a guy could, and I definitely wasn't ready for that.

Bailey rolled her eyes, "you and your cat. I love her too but definitely not as much as you." She laughed again and my eyes quickly glanced at Liam from the corner of my eye discreetly. I found him still watching me He would talk to other people occasionally but keep his eyes on me most of the time.

I shut my locker door shut with a bit more force than I needed too and turned to Bailey, "I need to go." I really needed to blow off some steam and get away from him.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow for you birthday! It's going to be a great day!" She grinned as she left to go to her own locker and I left the hallway to the front doors of the building. Today was Friday and that meant no school tomorrow. I was ecstatic about that, especially since at least I wouldn't have to go to school on my birthday like I did every year it seemed.