~one~

Lauren
----------------
I've been waiting for this day for six months. My first day at Camp Kikiwaka! I woke up at 5:00 so I could get on the bus taking all the kids who
live in NYC to camp in Maine. Only two other families were going which made it kind of awkward. It was only me, a little boy named Ashton, and the Ross family- Emma, who was 17, Ravi, who was 15, and Zuri, who was 13 like me.
I sat across from Emma and Zuri. "No, I get that bed this year!" Zuri yelled.
"No I always get that bed!" Emma argued.
"That's why it's MY turn!" They continued bickering the whole time. I had a fantasy that as soon I got on the bus I'd make new friends, but that wasn't working out. When we finally got to camp, Emma and Zuri wouldn't even talk to each other. That gave me an opportunity to try to talk to Zuri.
"Hey!" I greeted tapping Zuri. "I'm Lauren! It's my first year at camp."
"I'm Zuri Ross and you probably know my sister Emma and my brother Ravi." I nodded awkwardly. "Oh yeah I'm adopted, I know we don't look anything alike." After that, it went pretty well. We talked and got to know each other better. It turns out, Zuri's parents are Morgan and Christina Ross! They live in a penthouse in a NYC apartment, and they have another sibling, Luke, who's stuck at summer school. Zuri brought me over to a girl with platinum hair and an evil grin.
"Oh look who's back!" She snarled. "I thought you Rosses would take a hint and SCRAM!" Zuri whispered in my ear that her name was Hazel and she is evil in a human form.
"Um.. I'm Lauren Walker. It's my first year here," I said quietly. Hazel snarled and looked through her papers.
"Oh great! Another woodchuck!" She groaned and threw her head onto the table." Zuri gasped and explained how I was in her cabin! She also explained that Hazel was the owners niece and that's the only reason she's still here. She brought me over to Woodchuck cabin and threw open the door.
"Emma! I wanted that bed!" She growled and started shouting at Emma again. I looked around and saw another girl who looked around Emma's age. She smiled at me.
"Hi I'm Lou! I'm the counselor of Woodchuck cabin. You must be the new chucklet Lauren!" I nodded and smiled. She did not just say "chucklet". "You met Zuri and Emma. That's Tiffany," she said gesturing to a girl with a pile of books in her arms. Tiffany smiled and went back to piling books on her shelf. "Anyway, there's your bed and you can get unpacked. After everyone's ready, we're going to the beginning of the summer camp fire." Lou walked away and started helping Zuri and Emma settle their argument. I took everything out of my bag and stacked it on the shelves. Unpacking was a lot easier than packing.
I took another long gaze at the cabin and smiled. This was just what I wanted all my life. My foster mom finally let me go this year. She's always been really worried about letting me go places alone, but I think my foster dad talked her into it. Anyway, I couldn't wait for all the memories I would make at my first year at Camp Kikiwaka.

A/n- first chapter, what you do you think? If anyone wants to be in the story as a new character you can comment with this form

edit- 7/7/20:
thank you for everyone so interested in being a part of this story! Unfortunately, this has been completed for a while, so there will be no new characters.

Name:
Age:
Looks:
Personality;
Friends:
Extra:

And then I'll add you to my story!