~twelve~

A/N- since there are more characters, each section will be shorter and more characters will be involved per chapter

Zuri
------------
     I swung around when someone tapped on my shoulder. I saw a girl about my age with long wavy black hair.
     "Hi," she said. "My name's Clara Chen, I'm new to camp, do you know where Woodchuck cabin is?"
     "That's my cabin!" I exclaimed. Wow they are really overstuffing Woodchuck.
     "Hey I'm Griff," Griff introduced himself shaking her hand.
     "Hey," Clara said blushing. As soon as Griff saw he backed away and pretended to pay attention to the campers in the lake.
     "Well, I can show you to Woodchuck!" I said walking with Clara. She suddenly stopped.
     "Griff you wanna come with?" She asked hopefully.
     "No thanks, I'm gonna stay here," he grabbed the binoculars and I snickered.

Clara
----------
Zuri seemed ok, but I wasn't sure if I liked her. She seemed way too laid back and sarcastic. Griff on the other hand... he seemed really cool. And cute. We walked to Woodchuck cabin and I walked in. I saw a blonde girl sitting next to a woman who liked like her mom and a boy with curly brown hair.
     "Hey Mom!" Zuri exclaimed and ran to hug the woman. Whoa whoa whoa. That woman was Zuri's mom? They looked NOTHING alike! Maybe she was adopted. "Hi Luke!" She ran to the boy. I shuffled awkwardly. "Oh right, Emma this is Clara. She's a new Woodchuck!"
     The blonde girl smiled at me. "Hi Clara. I'm Emma, the CIT of Woodchuck."
     "Can you take care of her?" Zuri asked. "I gotta go to the lake to spy on Laur..... I mean go canoeing!" She ran out. I knew I didn't like that girl. She couldn't stay for 5 minutes to help me get used to camp.

Griff
---------
     I soon saw Zuri running back. Luckily, without that Clara girl.
     "Hey," I said handing her the binoculars. "Lauren doesn't seem as nervous now." She took them and looked across the field. "And for the record," I mumbled. "I do NOT like Lauren."
"Mhm," she said sarcastically. Ok, well maybe I did. But I couldn't let Zuri know. She'd tell Lauren in a heartbeat. "Ohmigod!" Zuri exclaimed grabbing my arm and sprinting across the field back to the cabins.
     "Zuri!" I yelled as she pulled me into the mess hall. "What was that?" I asked catching my breath.
     "Laur was coming back. You CANT let her know we were spying on her!" I nodded and sat at a table with Zuri. We pretended to be making keychains as Lauren walked in.
     "Oh hey Laur!" I said casually. "How was meeting your parents?"
     "It was... great," Lauren said quietly. "They're really nice people, and they said they'll be able to figure everything out if I want to come and live with them again."
     "Do you want to live with them?" Zuri asked eagerly. Lauren sighed and sat down next to Zuri.
     "I think so.... but I don't know." She flopped her head down on the table  Zuri wrapped her arm around her and I came around to the other side and sat with her.
     "Hey," I started. "You still have all day to get to know them! I bet by tonight, you'll know what you wanna do." She picked up her head and looked at me.
     "You think so?" She asked. I nodded. 

Lauren
--------------
     I looked back and forth at Zuri and Griff. They were smiling at me. "Thanks guys," I wrapped my arms around them just as a girl I didn't recognize walked into the mess hall with Emma.
     "Hey Zuri, hey Griff," she smiled.
     "Who's she?" I whispered to Zuri.
     "Oh, Lauren, this is Clara. She's new to our cabin."
     "Oh nice to meet you," I said. She smiled and flipped her hair.
     "I heard all about what's going on with your parents and I just want to say, you are so brave!" I smiled. What Clara was saying was nice, but I could tell she was just trying to get into our friend group. I grew up in the city, so I need to keep my guard up. I wasn't sure if I trusted Clara yet.

Clara
-------------
     I did NOT see what I just saw. Lauren and Griff were hugging. This girl id never even seen before. Now I had to try my best to be nice even though I wanted to kill her. Ok, not kill. Sorry I'm just angry.