~eight~

Lou
---------
I wasn't planning on telling Lauren yet, but I had to. She thought I was avoiding her because she has depression? I couldn't have her thinking I was that low. She needs to look up to her head Woodchuck, not despise her... so I had to tell her.
I brought her outside the mess hall and sat her by the flag pole. "I need to to tell you something," I said. She nodded waiting. "I wasn't avoiding you because you have depression," I whispered softly.
"Then why are you?" Lauren asked offended. I took a deep breath. This was harder than I thought.
"Why couldn't your parents keep you?" I asked.
"You know why-" she started before I interrupted.
"Just tell me."
She sighed but repeated it. "I already had an older sister and they couldn't afford to take care of both of us." I nodded. "So what does this have to do with you?" She asked.
"After hearing your story, I started doing research," I started. "I tried to find your real parents to maybe reunite you with them. I went into Gladys's office and found your papers. Do you even know who your parents are?"
"No," Lauren sighed. "But I don't want to see them again." I nodded.
"Do you know their names? Or your sisters name?"
"I-I think I know the sister's name..." she started. "It's Louisa," she remembered. I looked at her smiling. "Louisa," she repeated. Lou had been planning this whole long speech for when she told Lauren. She planned out where she'd look, when she'd let Lauren talk and everything. But in the moment, all she could say was

"Lauren... I'm your sister."

Lauren
--------------
No. Way.
"You-you are?!" I exclaimed. She nodded with tears in her eyes. I didn't know what to do. I was speechless. I did the first thing that came to my head. I hugged her...

A/N- this is really short but SURPRISE! Ahhhh plot twist. I love this so much. The next chapter will be long so keep reading to see what happens next