"Are you seriously pouting right now?" I asked feeling my lips tug into a smile. Despite the moment, it was so cute it brightened things just a little.

"Please leave," he begged. I felt a knot in my throat as he let out a sigh and shut his eyes causing tears to run down his face, "Don't make this for nothing."

"Stop acting like you're going to die." I snapped. He didn't reply and it angered me. "Karabo, please. Please don't do this to me." I felt my voice crack. I couldn't take that. Not above everything else.

Damn it. I looked up realising I had just been wasting time. I had to find somewhere to hide immediately, they were nearing us. I bit my lip slipping my arms under Karabo's legs and around his back.

"What-what are you doing?" he groaned in pain as I picked him up.

"Just be quiet," I said trying to jog my way through the trees.

"Don't tell me what to do," he muttered weakly.

"Would you rather I gag you?" I asked placing Karabo on the grass between some bushes.

"Eli... That'd be nice, buts it's not something you should be thinking of in this situation." I looked at him feeling my face heat and he gave a weak giggle. I laughed as I leaned my forehead down against his, giving him a light kiss before I sat back up. "You have to leave." He said. I nodded slowly and he seemed relieved.

"Just... stay silent. I'll be back for you." I said.

If he was as weak as I thought he was, he wouldn't be able to hear me. I made my way back to the area we had just fought and found some men staring at the bodies scattered on the ground. Some were dead because of me, most were not.

"Pretty, isn't it?" I said making the three heads turn to me. I was certain I had heard more people earlier...

"Eli." I raised my brows at the person that looked familiar but I had no idea who he was. I tilted my head still confused about how he knew me and he chuckled. He had black hair and a mark on his neck. Mated. I hid my sudden surge of anger as his mark reminded me of Karabo. I had to keep them there. His eyes ran over me and smirked. "I heard about your... masculinity issues. News travels fast." he chuckled.

"Yeah. Where are the others, you couldn't possibly have done all of this on your own."

"For people who think I couldn't have done this on my own, you're not very eager to take me out." I said.

One opened his mouth but I grabbed the sword I had left on the ground earlier and swung it at him. He barely dodged it and got his arm slicked in the process of moving away. I immediately attacked him again while trying to dodge the movement of one of the other two from the corner of my eye. I was actually surprised as it pierced into his shoulder, because he felt like he was strong enough to be able to move fast and dodge it. My eyes widened as I realised they weren't used to their newfound power and that, though they could hit harder and run faster if they focused on it, it wasn't natural. I kicked him in his chest to get the sword back and tried to swing it at one of the others but I was knocked over from behind by a wolf. I turned over and attempted to stab the wolf but the sword was kicked from my hand.

"Eli!" I froze as the guy above me looked towards where I had left Karabo.

"Hey –" I tried to get their attention back.

"I'll take care of it." The black-haired man that had first spoken said. Shit! I shoved myself to my feet and grabbed his shirt.

"You're not going anywhere," I said. He laughed before swinging at my face. I fell back onto the grass and clenched my fist as my heart raced in worry and I barely felt the effect of his punch.