Crystal Cure

Merlin was dragged into the throne room, and flung at the feet of the King of Camelot. Arthur looked down at the young warlock with sorrow. Merlin, despite Arthur's efforts, was still way to skinny to be healthy. The sorcerer had bags under his eyes and his skin was paler than usual.

Morgana soon followed Merlin in a similar fashion. Towed behind two guards, she collapsed at the feet of the throne and immediately made a move to get back up, but was forced into a kneeling position by the guards. Morgana seemed fairly healthy. She lost a little bit of weight from her times in the dungeon but not as drastically as Merlin's. But then again, Merlin had spent more time there than the witch.

Arthur cleared his throat, demanding the attention of the two prisoners.

Merlin slowly lifted his gaze from his crumpled position on the ground to look at his king with sorrowful eyes. Morgana glared unafraid into the eyes of her captor.

"The court has come to a decision." Arthur began, "We have graciously decided that the two of you are allowed a second chance to become productive citizens of Camelot. However, we can not tolerate the use of magic." Merlin dropped his gaze, he hated the fact that he was being grouped together with Morgana, almost as if they were the same person. "Gaius has come up with a solution that will contain your magic." both magic users interest flared at this news. "There is a stone, that when worn by a sorcerer or witch, will absorb his or hers magic and make it unusable. It is a physical burden to carry that will be heavier for those with more magic. I have generously sent my forces out for this stone and have, after long wait, acquired the gem. Once you two are wearing them you will be free citizens of Camelot." Arthur said with a smile, he couldn't wait for Merlin to return to work again and continue with their daily lives. It had been so lonely and boring without his manservant. Finally, Arthur had found the solution to this problem.

The king picked up the two chains that were attached to the stones, no bigger than his thumb. He stood and walked over to his half-sister who was looking at the stones with determination. Arthur slowly lowered the chain around Morgana's neck. As soon as he let go, she gasped in surprise and leaned forward the stone gaining the weight of a jug of water. She grunted as she straightened again straining against the weight now around her neck. Merlin watched with watering eyes.

The guards let go of the young sorceress and she immediately stood, she nodded to Arthur and left.

"Send someone after her to make sure the necklace stays on." the king ordered. A servant immediately rushed to complete the task.

Arthur finally turned to his ex-manservant still lying in a heap on the floor. He noticed that the young man was crying silently.

The king slowly made his way over kneeling so he could shorten the distance between them.

The warlock breath began to hitch before quiet sobs filled the room.

"I don't want to. Please, I don't want to." the boy muttered between tears.

Arthur hesitated, he was hoping Merlin would be as excited about this as he was.

"Merlin, you have to. If you ever want your old life again, please, just wear it." Arthur soothed.

Merlin's body shivered and trembled as he lay at his masters feet.

"No, I don't want to. Let me go back to my cell, please." Merlin mumbled.

Arthur huffed, before stating in a stern voice, "Merlin, just wear the damn thing!"

Merlin whimpered and shrunk away from his king.

"No, no, no, no, no." He kept saying over and over as Arthur grabbed Merlin by the shirt and pulled him towards him. He met eyes with his old friend and pleaded with him as Arthur gracefully adorned his servant with the necklace. Merlin immediately collapsed to the floor in tears. His sobs became louder and he struggled to get up, but the stone remained stubbornly attached to the floor. The warlock cried out in horror and began to tremble.