Found

Merlin finished casting the spell. His enemies had fled. He let out a shaky breath. This was really getting out of hand. The sorcerers kept getting stronger and stronger it seemed. He stumbled a bit regaining his energy. No one seemed to have seen him. Thank goodness. Merlin felt like crying. He was tired of doing this. Tired of rescuing Camelot in the dead of night and having to work bright and early the next day. Merlin limped towards his horse before he froze. Someone else was there. Watching him. Merlin searched the land in front of him.

"Merlin." An all to familiar voice called from behind the young warlock.

Merlin's heart dropped. He turned to face Arthur, a small noise rose from the back of the servants throat like that of a wounded animal.

"Arthur..." Merlin whispered.

Betrayal and anger was clear on the kings face. The servant shivered against the cold and in fear of what Arthur might do to him.

"You lied to me." Arthur said with a dangerous calmness.

Tears where streaming down Merlin's face as he nodded and collapsed to his knees.

"I'm sorry." Merlin sobbed.

"I trusted you!" Arthur said his voice rising a little as he took a step toward his servant. "And you betrayed me."

Merlin cowered, putting his face in his hands as he wept before his master.

"Please..." Merlin whimpered, but he didn't know what he was pleading for. Arthur had the right to do whatever he wanted to him now that he knew the truth. Whatever Arthur saw fit Merlin would comply, he didn't deserve to be besides the king anymore, he never did.

Sobs racked the servants frail body. His wounds bleeding out making the young man weaker and weaker.

"After everything we've been through, was it all a lie? Have you ever once told the truth?" Arthur growing more furious as he spoke.

Merlin shook his head, "I-I don't know." He finally said between tears.

Arthur's fist was gripping the hilt of his sword so tightly, his knuckles turned white. It could be so easy. One stroke and the sorcerer would be done. But Arthur couldn't do it, not yet, at least. So, Arthur turned and left his helpless manservant in the woods, wounded and crying. Arthur stomped back to his castle angry that he had been deceived for so long.

Merlin sobbed until his voice was hoarse and his tears were spent. He lay on the wet earth until the sky lightened as dawn approached. He groaned as he got back to his feet and made his long trek back to Camelot, to face his king and most likely, his death.