Chapter 11 ~ Kenzie

Start from the beginning

"K. Thanks Johnny,"I say running up the stairs to Lauren's room, where I see the other 3 girls huddled around Lauren's phone.

"Hey guys!" I say upon entering, "what's that?" I indicate to Lauren's phone.

"Uh, screenshots of me and Hayden's texts," she mumbles.

"Lemme see!" I squeal and dive on to the bed.

Here's their conversation,

Lauren✨: Hey Hayden x
Hayden💯💯: sup qt?
Lauren✨: not much, what are we? x
Hayden💯💯: you'll find out tonight💓
Lauren✨: okay x

"OMG! I wonder what he's gonna do?" I exclaimed, "I bet he's gonna ask you out,"

"Guys, can we get food already?" Annabelle moans before we all fall into peals of laughter.

The boys have had the same idea though, so we all decide just to go out to McDonalds.

~At McDonalds~

"Hi everyone," the cashier smiled at us, "what would you all like to eat?"

We all order and sit down, and I sit between Brynn and Johnny. Once we get our food we start to eat.

"So, I hear you an amazing kisser, Mack," Hayden jokes from across the table, and I throw a fry over at him.

"Yeah I am actually, pity you're not available eh?" I joke, teasing him about Lauren.

"What?" Carson asks, "I thought you were single bro?"

"I am!" Hayden defends.

"Not for long according to some conversation I saw," I smirk as Lauren and Hayden bit start throwing fries at me.

Naturally I throw fries back, and Johnny joins in too, defending me.

This soon turns into a full blown food fight, and we see the manager approach us,

"I'm sorry kids, but I'm gonna have to ask you to leave," he said before hurrying us out and starting to clean up the mess.

"So what are we gonna do now? We can't go home just yet, it's only 2:00 and we're gonna be staying up all night so..." Johnny starts.

"How about we go to the beach?" I suggest.

"That's a great idea kenz," Carson adds

"We all brought our swimming stuff didn't we?" Brynn questions.

"Yeah," we all agree, so we set off. The beach is only 5 minutes away.

Everyone seems excited, except Lauren, I think I'm the only one that notices something's up though.

"Hey Lauren, what's up?" I ask.

"I can't go to the beach," She says drooping her head.

"Why not?"

"I j- just can't," she stutters, a single tear rolling down her pale cheek.

"Okay, I understand," I say pulling her into a hug, when we break apart I tell her, "look, just go across to the bathroom I'll tell everyone that's where you're going and get yourself cleaned up?"

She nods and smiles limply, and walks over to the public bathroom, as I go to talk to Johnny.

"Johnny," I start, "what's wrong with Lauren, she says she can't go to beach,"

"Shit! I totally forgot," he mutters, "Lauren's terrified of the beach,"

"Why?"

"Remember when we were 7, and Lauren got caught out at sea when the tide came in, and almost drowned? She hasn't gone to the beach since. I totally forgot to say something,"

"Oh my god, I remember now! She was in the hospital for like a week after that, ugh I feel so bad now, I shouldn't of said we could go to the beach," I sigh.

"It's not your fault Kenz, I'll talk to Lauren. Here she is now." Johnny assures me, as we see Lauren appear.

I catch up with the others and tell them to wait, while Johnny makes sure Lauren's okay. After a bit of encouragement Lauren agrees to come to the beach with us. Yay!