Chapter 24: They know

I walked into the school grounds. Tyler was right in front of me with Hayden and Conner. I instantly changed direction making sure they didn't notice me.

Up ahead was Bianca. She nodded at me smiling. I didn't return the smile, instead I kept looking down. As I passed her she gripped my arm, stopping me from walking.

"So far so good. Keep it up" I could hear her smirking.

I remained calm reminding myself about my brother.

As soon as she let go I instantly walked away to my locker. Charlotte and Lara were both frowning.

"What?" I asked them.

Lara looked confused. "What happened to you and Tyler?"

I sighed. "Doesn't matter"

Lara looked happy, for some reason. She took out her phone and typed away. I gave Charlotte a look, later. She nodded.

The bell rang signalling first period. Lara gave a farewell to us before leaving.

Charlotte and I started walking. "They know"

Charlotte frowned. "Who knows?"

"Bianca and Tyler"

Her lips formed in an O. She knows exactly what I'm talking about.

"Is that bad?" She asked.

I sighed. "Bianca had a talk to me before class. She knows everything. My brothers death and my dad covering it up. She made a deal with me. I stay away from Tyler, and she keeps it a secret. My problem is that Tyler overheard the conversation and knows everything. And for some reason, I can't stay away from Tyler"

Charlotte looked sad. "Well shit. This must bring up memories-" she smiled "- on the bright side you have a crush on Tyler"

I hit her on the arm. "Shut up. I do not!"

She tried not to smile. "So, what are you gonna do?"

"I have no idea"

"Can we please go to the party tonight?" Charlotte pleaded.

Maybe a party will help. "Yeah ok"

My phone rang. It was Tyler. At least he's calling me instead of talking to me in person. I waved to Charlotte and parted ways.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I can't come to tutoring tonight. Got a party".

"Ok" I replied leaving out the part that I'm coming too.

"Look Skyar. We need to talk" he sounded stressed.

"No we don't. Goodbye Tyler" I hung up before he could reply.

**

I lay on my bed whilst Lara went through my closet.

She nodded her head in approvement at a dress. "This one" and chucked it to me.

I grabbed the dress. It was a short black dress. "No. This was my mother's. I promised her that I'd keep this dress"

"Please try it" Lara pouted.

I looked at Charlotte for help. She nodded. "Just try it on"

I sighed and went to the bathroom putting it on. It hugged my curves and ended mid thigh.

I walked out of the bathroom. "No"

Charlotte and Lara nodded.

It was Charlotte that spoke up. "You don't have to wear it if it makes you feel really uncomfortable. But maybe it's a change"

I sighed before agreeing. Lara squeled and Charlotte smiled in amusement.

I grabbed a black choker to match with it and black pumps. Lara wore a tight fitted purple dress whilst Charlotte wore jeans and a white tank top.

The car drive was filled with music whilst we chattered. I couldn't keep my mind of Tyler. What did he want to talk about?

The car pulled up at a huge house. Different coloured lights streamed from the opened door. Music blasted from the inside whilst people filled through the house.

We made our way in the house, Lara walking away to find a guy.

Charlotte and I stayed together until a cute guy asked Charlotte to dance. She smiled and I shooed her to go.

I stood and watched them danced. A guy from one of my classes came to stand next to me. He was slightly taller than me with a sharp jawline and blue eyes that matched with his brown hair.

"Skyler is it?" He asked smiling at me.

I nodded. "And your Travis?" I asked etching my brain for his name.

He nodded. "Yeah we share geometry class together"

I was about to respond but another guy yelled out to him. "Travis, we're playing truth and dare, bring your hot girlfriend"

Travis rolled his at his friend. "Don't mind him. Do you want to play truth or dare?" He asked.

I smiled and agreed. He took my arm and led me to a circle where six people sat.

A girl next to me smiled and held out her hand. "I'm Brianna"

I shook it. "I'm Skylar"

Once we were done with the introductions we started to play. One of the guys I recognised as Jason had to jump into the pool from the roof. Another person had to skinny dip.

Brianna's eyes scanned onto me and she smiled. "Truth or dare Skylar?"

Whenever I played truth or dare I always said truth. Because the dares were always bad.

The word echoed in my mind. Truth. But somehow I found the word Dare. I said the word without thinking. "Dare"

Someone opposite me whistled. They must know I'm the 'goody to shoes'

I waited for Brianna's dare. "I dare you to kiss Travis"

Without thinking I turned to my side and leaned into him, my hand on his chin. The kiss was short, but it was my first kiss. I instantly pulled back.

A few people whistled at this. I suddenly got up and spoke to Travis. "I'm getting a drink".

I weaved my way through the crowd finding the drink table. Someone roughly grabbed my arm.

I turned around to find Bianca. She looked pissed. "First thing tomorrow your secrets out" she glared at me and stormed away.

What? I swear I didn't even look at Tyler. Maybe she thought Travis was Tyler.

A moment later Tyler came out from the same spot Bianca had. It all clicked into place.

I shook my head in disgust at him. "You told her".

_______________________________________

Updating in a week.
Remember to comment and vote.
~ Ashley