Chapter 21: Blackmailing sure is fun

"Well I best be off"

He jumped down from the the tree. The warm tingling feeling had disappeared as soon as he moved away.

"Goodbye sugar" he gave me the same reply that he always gave me. I smiled at his reply.

Most people hate goodbyes. Why? Because most as seen in movies, that person never comes back. Only when he says it, with the nickname; sugar. It means that he'll be back. Rather soon. Which is rather annoying, as the presence of him makes be want to bang my head against a tree, but at the same time. Who doesn't love the annoying yet playful type.

"You know it's starting to sound kinky"

He winked. "Just the way I like it"

I shook my head slightly laughing as I watched him walk off, his figure fading.

My smile faltered as I no longer saw him and I focused on my issue.

Amy's leaving.

I collected my thoughts and climbed down the tree making my way back home.

I shut the door quietly and slowly walked to living room. They were all talking in hushed tones as I stood next to the wall listening to their conversation.

"What about our opinions?" Josh asks.

Dad made eye contact with Amelia. "Well we're fine with it"

"Yeah I know. But I mean Sky's opinion. And mine. We've raised Amy perfectly fine" Josh raised a point.

Amelia noticed my presence and smiled at me. "Uh Sky honey, how are you feeling?"

Josh and dad turned their heads to look at me. I nodded. "Fine"

I took a seat next to Josh and took a deep breath. "So how can we trust you to take care of Amy. When you couldn't even take care of yourself"

Dad looked rather uneasy. "That was before. I changed and I can take care of Amy now"

I laughed. "You changed? Then why didn't you visit us?"

He scratched his head. "Work was hard"

"Was hard or is still is hard?"

Josh sighed. "Arguing isn't getting us anywhere. What's Amy's opinion?"

We all looked at Amy who was lying upside down on the couch watching tv. How the hell does someone watch tv upside down.

"Amy" I called out and she immediately looked at us. "Do you want to go with dad?"

Amy shrugged before watching the tv again.

"Why does anyone have to go with you?" I asked.

"And we're back to arguing" Josh mumbled.

"Because there are more job opportunities there. Plus Amy hasn't started high school yet so it won't matter" He reasoned himself.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "But you can't just take Amy with you"

"Your father has as much of a privilege to take Amy as do you guys. Let's just see how this works out and if it doesn't then Amy can come back" Amelia offered.

Josh nodded. "I'm ok with it as long as Sky agrees"

I narrowed my eyes at dad before agreeing. "Fine" I mumbled.

"Amy can go to America on one condition" I smiled.

Dad hesitated. "Which is?"

"You walk around in a tutu, in public"

Josh snorted and dad looked stunned. "You can't be serious"

"Skyler this is too far" Amelia raised her brow at me.

"I'm just joking" I got up and dismissed myself leaving the table.

I walked to Amy bobbing down to block Amy's vision of the tv. "C'mon let's go"

Amy scrunched her face in confusion. "Where are we going"

"To Antarctica" I stood back up and switched through the tv.

"Really?" Amy asked hopefully.

"No. We're going to the park" I said needing fresh air.

"No thanks" She stole the remote from me and switched it back to her show.

I started walking to the front door. "I heard there's an ice cream truck-"

"I'm coming. Wait for me" Amy started running to me.

I stopped in my tracks. "But you just said you didn't want to go so-"

I stopped mid sentence when she tugged on my dress. "Please"

I smiled in victory. "Oh alright. But on one condition"

"You say that I am the best sister in the world"

Amy glared at me. "You are the best sister in the world". Her voice was bitter.

"Not so far. Say my name and smile" I tortured her.

"Skyler is the best sister in the world" She faked a smile.

I ruffled her hair. "Your too kind, just saying we would've gone even if you didn't say that"

I could feel Amy's glare on the back of my head. "Annoying sister"

I started putting my shoes on enjoying my sisters pain. "I could always change my mind"

Amy faked a smile. "My lovely sister"

Blackmailing sure is fun.

_______________________________________

Updating in a week.
Remember to comment and vote.
~Ashley