Epilogue

This will be the last chapter of the story.  I hope you understand >_<

______________________________________________________________________

"So...you mean, sinabi mo na kay Menggay na mahal mo sya pero di ka pa niya sinasagot?" Jerald asks as he sits across Alden on the office's kitchen. They've been there for a while now and Alden is getting really frustrated by Jerald's inability to grasp what he was saying. With a sigh, Alden decided that this will be the last time that he will repeat his words to his friend.

"Oo nga. I confessed to her but she said she needs time." Alden says sitting back on his chair and munching a bag of chips.

"E ano na plano mo, papi?"

"Of course I'll give her all the time she needs. I'm not in a hurry and I'm willing to wait." Alden narrowed his eyes at Jerald when he suddenly clapped at his sentiment.

"Dude, iba ka talaga. Bihira na lang sa mga lalaki ngayon yung willing maghintay para sa isang babae. Yung iba kasi ngayon sunggab agad e." A smirking Alden throws potato chips to Jerald's face when he finished his sentence.

"Wag mo ko igaya sayo uy." He says in a teasing tone.

"Ay grabe ka naman. I'm not that kind of guy."

"Sabagay, ang torpe mo nga e. Di mo maligawligawan si Valeen." Jerald shoots Alden a pointed look and throws back some of the chips back to him. The two friends got into a food fight. Chips started flying all around the kitchen and they were only stopped in their tracks when Maine came, looking at them like she's about to scold them for wasting food and dirtying the kitchen. After a few beats of silence, Maine's eyes fell on Alden.

"Uhh...Alden? Can I talk to you?" She asks timidly. Alden, as if he was just waiting for Maine to turn up the whole time, stands up immediately.

"Yeah, sure." Alden replies. He took a glance at Jerald only to see him suppressing a smile. "Je, linisin mo yung kinalat mo ah." Before Jerald can even complain, Alden dashed out of the room with Maine in tow. Once they are out of their friend's earshot, Alden spoke. "So what do you want to talk about?"

"Can you accompany me? I'm seriously craving for some street food. And Valeen's busy so I have no one to go with me." Wow, ang lame naman ng excuse ko. [Oo nga e. Wala na kong ibang maisip e.] Uy author! Buhay ka pa pala XD sa susunod isip ka ng mas maganda ha [Ma'am, yes, Ma'am] O sige. Una na ko author. I think this is it! [Fighting, Nicomaine!] Thanks J

"Okay. I know a place just around the corner malapit sa park. I heard the best ang street food don." Alden suggests.

"Let's go." Maine says, grabbing Alden's hand in the process and the poor guy's heart couldn't help but flutter at the sight of their intertwined hands.

"So, solve ba ang cravings?" Alden inquires while they sit on a bench on the nearby park. Just a few minutes ago, he witnessed Maine devour a whole lot of street food including her personal favourite 'isaw'. He thought a girl could never eat that much, especially if it's street food, but he's never been more wrong.

"Ay nako. Solve na solve na solve." Maine answers, wiping away any remnants of food on her lips. "Let's do it again some time." Alden just nodded in reply, still in shock at watching Maine eat. Silence started to engulf them and Maine thinks that now is probably the right time to say what she has to say. "So, Alden?" Alden turned to look at Maine and her heart begins beating rapidly. "The real reason I brought you here is..."

"You didn't bring me here to watch you eat?" Alden interrupted, the playfulness evident in his tone. Maine just narrowed her eyes at him and decided not to say anything about it.

"As I was saying, the real reason I brought you here is to say that, I don't want you to wait for me."

"Wait. You mean I shouldn't wait coz there really is no chance of us to be together?" Alden asks. He knows he just jumped into a conclusion but looking at Maine's serious face that's all that came up his mind. She's dumping me.

"No. Not that. I mean, I don't need you to wait for me because I'm willing to take a big leap here and say yes to being your girlfriend." She saw Alden's mouth open like he was about to say something but she continues, not wanting Alden to ruin her speech. "I don't want you to wait because people who wait tend to get tired and I don't want that to happen. I'm not gonna spend the rest of my life thinking about what ifs."

"Maine," Alden started out gently. "if you're doing this just because you think I can't wait then don't. I can wait. For you, I will. I'm already yours."

"I'm not doing this just because of that. I'm doing this coz deep in my heart I know that I want to be yours too." Maine sighs and Alden can't help but smile at her words. I want to be yours too.

"So...this is it? Are we like...a thing now?"

"Yes."

"Tayo na?"

"Oo nga, Alden. Paulet ulet?" Maine rolled her eyes.

"Di nga?" Alden teased.

"Isang tanong mo pa break na tayo."

"Bilis naman non. O sige di na. I think we should go back." Maine looked at her watch and decided that Alden was right. Alden stood up first and, being the gentleman that he is, offered his hand to Maine. "Pero di nga? Tayo na?" Alden laughed when Maine threw a punch on his arm. The two then started to walk back to the office. Hand in hand. With big smiled plastered on their faces...