New Beginning

Eto na po yung pambawi ko.  Medyo napahaba po ata :)  Enjoy! Thank you po :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

              The sound of the ringing phone woke Alden up. He and Maine stayed up late last night having video chat with Maine's uncle discussing what went on with their meeting. Their boss couldn't be more pleased that they managed get Victoire as the featured model on their company's magazine next month. Alden, with his eyes partially closed, get his phone on the bedside table and look at the caller ID. It was Victoire calling and he answered it.

"Hello?" Alden says with his voice still a little husky from his sleep.

"Uhm hi. Alden, I just want to know if you're free for tonight. At seven pm exactly. Today happens to be my birthday and I will host a party this night. You can bring Maine with you if you like. That would be awesome."

"Really? Well, uhm, happy birthday of course. I don't know if we can go though. I'll ask Maine if we have any work that is scheduled tonight, okay? I will get back to you on this, Victoire."

"That's fine. I'll wait. I would really appreciate it if both of you could come." Alden hung up and went to the bathroom. After doing every routine that he's supposed to do in the morning, he goes out of his room to see if Maine is already awake. Alden saw her eating breakfast at the veranda while scrolling on her laptop.

"I see that you're having breakfast without me." Alden teases before sitting across Maine. She looks up at Alden with wide eyes.

"Sorry. It was my original plan to wait for you but then I got really hungry and you're still asleep."

"It's okay, as long as you saved some for me." Maine told him that there are pancakes and bacons at the counter.

"Uhm..."

"Yes?"

"I was wondering if...if..." Maine raised her eyebrows urging Alden to continue what he's saying. What the heck is happening with you? Just ask her already.

"Alden Richards, are you actually being shy right now?" Maine asks with a playful smirk on her face. Alden shakes his head no vigorously.

"Of course not. I just forgot what I was gonna ask for a moment." Alden defended himself.

"If you say so. So, ano nga yun?"

"Ayun naalala ko na." Alden says animatedly that Maine chuckles. "Can I join you here while eating?" Maine rolls her eyes at Alden's silly questions.

"Sus! Yun lang pala. Nakaupo ka na nga dyan diba?"

"Okay." Alden sprinted inside and grabbed the plate full of pancakes and bacons. He went back outside and sat across Maine once again. Alden starts to dig in his breakfast like a caveman and Maine stares at him with disgust.

"Di ka naman gutom no?"

"Is it that obvious?" Alden asks with his mouth still full. Maine did not answer instead; she shook her head disapprovingly but with a small smile evident on her lips. She went back to scrolling her laptop and left Alden to enjoy his food.

"By the way, what's our schedule for today?"

"Well, since we got the deal, we need to pick up the dresses and accessories this afternoon." Maine replies without looking at Alden. "And then after that, we have time to spare again."

"Come with me." Alden says. It's not even a question but it sounded like a demand. That's when Maine stopped what she was doing and looked at Alden questioningly. "Victoire called me earlier inviting us to her birthday party tonight. Since we have nothing to do, we should go."