Serendipity

It was the perfect night to stroll around and marvel at the beautiful city of Paris. Fall is already paving the way for winter and the breezy night brings out a feeling of nostalgia. The striking lights of the Eiffel Tower gives off the romantic vibe and lovers around the area find it perfect for their date night. Paris was not called the city of love for nothing. Everything was going just fine for everyone - well, maybe not for everyone.

"I'm sorry but I'm not ready for this." The girl said at the boy kneeling in front of her. "I'm really, really sorry." She walked away crying while the boy made no effort to follow her. He was too stunned at what happened. Too distraught to move. He felt like his world ended right before his eyes. The boy thought this was the right time for them to move on to the next phase of their relationship but his girlfriend, much to his dismay, felt otherwise. He finally stood up from his kneeling position having no idea what to feel. Should he be sad? Should he be angry? The only thing he's sure of right now is that he can't feel anything. He felt numb. So he started to walk around aimlessly not minding where he's going.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the tower...

"Tell me, are you cheating on me?" The girl asked with her hands clenched on both her side. "ANSWER ME, DAMMIT!" she yelled when the boy in question did not answer. She yelled at him not caring if other people are staring at her with disgust.

"I am but..." his sentence was immediately cut with a slap on his face.

"We're done." The girl said with finality. Her hand stinging a little with the powerful slap she just delivered to her ass-of-a-boyfriend - ex boyfriend for that matter.

"Come on. I love you, babe. It won't happen again." He did not even say sorry? The nerve of this guy!

"You love me?" She scoffed. "If you love me you wouldn't cheat on me! And I said we're done. Don't you ever, I repeat, ever show your face to me again. I mean it." The girl walked away with her tears threatening to fall. Don't you dare cry over that ass!

As the girl was walking, a guy bumped into her and walked past her without apologizing. The usual her would just let it go but since she's seeing red at the moment because of what just happened, she called out the guy for it.

"Hey! Don't you have some manners?" The boy turned around and just stared at her. "You bumped into me and you're just going to look at me like that?"

"It was not my fault you were not able to avoid me." He said with a flat tone.

"Huh? Well, it isn't my fault that you're not minding where you're going." She retorted.

"Miss, what the hell is your problem?"

"You." The girl replied without even thinking and the boy laughed bitterly.

"Well, same goes for me. The last thing I needed is a girl nagging me in this already messed up night.

"The last thing I needed is a boy, who lacks manners, bumping into me. You're not the only one who had a tough night, you know?" The two then got into a staring contest. The girl sighed and realized that this guy is not even worth her time. "Look, why don't you just say sorry and I'll let it go." She stated, much calmer than earlier.

"Why should I?" The boy said, sounding cocky as ever.

"Duh! Because it is your fault."

"No, it is not. It's your fault." This struck the last nerve of the girl.

"Arrrrrrghhh! Fine." He is not worth your time. Just. Let. It. Go. The girl glared at him for the last time and before leaving, muttered the words, "You're such a jerk."

The two walked away from each other. Both fuming and oblivious to what's in store for them in the future...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, i know i suck hehe but i have so many plans for this story in the future.

Violent reactions are always welcome :D