My heart raced at the mention of her. That feeling suddenly went away and I felt nothing for her. Fear soared through my veins at what was happening. The power of the dark magic was getting to me. I really had to get out of here. Very soon. 

Father hands the stone over to me and I could instantly feel the energy of the power the stone contains. I have to take this with me. I can't let father have something this powerful in his possession. 

"That stone..." The earth above us started to rumble, cutting off what father was saying. It's begun. 

"What is this?" He yells as he looks around him. The book shelves were shaking, throwing books onto the floor. He turns and looks at me with fire in his eyes.

"You're doing this!" He exclaims as realization hits him. "You lied!"

"Did you really think that I would want to be like you?" I ask him. His eyes fill with fury. I stuff the pendant in my pocket as he lunges at me.

Kryselis POV

I was brought out of my slumber by the ground shaking. I shot up in the bed panicking. There was shouting outside of the doors. People yelling as they were running back and forth. I start to panic. Whats going on? Why is the ground shaking? It was then that I remembered. 

The escape.

This was suppose to be my signal. I must have overslept. Stupid spell! I was never going to do that again. I quickly got out of the bed and ran to the door. It was locked still. How was I suppose to get out of here? I look around the room and my eyes land on the book. 

The book. The book is how I was suppose to get out. Then the idea came to me. I can bend the bars on the window to my will. But I haven't been able to accomplish that one. Every time I have attempted it, I have failed. I look around the room one more time, this was the only way out. 

Believe in yourself. That voice says in my head as her face appears momentarily. You have to believe you can do it. I know you can, and deep down so do you. She was right, I think to myself. I can do it. The only thing holding me back was myself. What was it that she had said the first day I was here? All I had to do was find my trigger and I would be successful. But what was my trigger?

I thought back on what had triggered me to kill the first Daeth to capture me. I thought about how angry I was that the Daeth do whatever they want. I had also focused on what happened to Kai and my family. My trigger was anger. 

I let my anger take control. I let it makes it way through every vein in my body. I stared at the bars on the window. I can do this. I am one of the most powerful person alive right now. I command the bars to move. I stare at them for a moment longer to see if anything would happen. The bars suddenly flew out of the window and into the door across from it. 

I did it. I did it! The sound of keys at the door brought me out of my stupor. I had to get out of here now. I  pushed the desk to where it was under the window. I was making my way onto the desk when I remembered the letter from Kai. I couldn't leave that behind. I ran to the bed and grabbed it out of the pillow case. 

The door swung open just as I was getting ready to go through the window. I quickly through my head and arms out of the window as the Daeth shot into the room. 

"Stop right there!" He yelled at me. I didn't hesitate for a moment. I pulled my self halfway out the window when I felt hands on my legs. He was trying to pull me back in. I gripped the edge of the window as he pulled me back a few inches. I kicked with my legs and made contact with something. I want sure what it was, but whatever it was he grunted and let go. Giving me enough time to pull myself through the window. 

I fell to the ground with a loud thud. The window was higher on the outside than it was on the inside. I quickly got up and dusted myself off. I could hear him yelling through the window for other Daeth. Looking around me I couldn't tell where I was. Which way do I go?

I run left and round the corner at the end of the ally. I ran into someone and fell to the ground. I jumped up when I realized it was a Daeth. "You're that girl that escaped!" He said and started to come after me. I turned around and ran. I looked behind me and saw a ball of fire heading towards me.

They could make fireballs?! Of course they can, they're Daeth. I duck down and dodge it as it smashes into a building near me. I could feel the heat of it as it passed over me. I turn a corner and run straight into Blaeke. I panicked for a moment before realizing it was him. 

"There's a Daeth chasing me!" I say to him trying to catch my breath. He looks in the direction I was pointing and saw the Daeth as he turned the corner. Blaeke quickly grabbed my arm. 

"What are you doing?!" I ask him as he pulls me towards the Daeth. "Let go of me!" 

Calm down. He thinks to me. How did he know he could do that? Just play along with it. I'll take care of him. I pretend to struggle against his hold. I didn't know what his plan was but hopefully it would work.

"Ah, brother! You caught her before I could!" The Daeth says to Blaeke as we come face to face with him. Blaeke smirks at the Daeth.

"How are you gonna let a little ole girl out run you? You're lucky I was here to catch her." He smiles and loosens his grip a little.

"Yeah, well it was unexpected. She ran.." He was cut off by Blaeke Shoving his fist into the Daeths chest. I gasp slowly and back away. 

"You should really pay more attention on who you trust, Brother."  The Daeths eyes go big as Blaekes hand erupts in flames. Burning the Daeth from the inside out. I watch as the Daeth slowly turns grey and pieces of his body turn to ash. A few moments later the Daeth was completely dead. The only trace of him left was a little pile of ash on the ground. 

Just then the skys opened up and let loose her reign on the city. It was raining so hard it was hard to see in front of you. Blaeke grabs my hand and leads me to the outer wall of the city. 

"You're people are making it rain!" He yells over the rain. "It weakens the Daeth." He turns toward the wall and places his hand on it. He looks around us to make sure no one was watching. A passage way opened up in the wall and we entered it. The wall closed behind us as we made our way up the stairs. 

"Where is Kai?" I ask Blaeke as he leads the way. He glances at me over his shoulder for a few seconds. 

"He's to meet us at the Field. From there we are to go to Lumaera." He pauses for a moment. "He has a few things to take care of before he comes." 

We continue in silence for what felt like an hour. When we made our way to the top we were in the woods. Raeline and Talon were waiting for us. We hopped on and it instantly stopped raining. I looked back at the Abysm at the edge of the trees and saw it was still raining. Strange, was my final thought before we took off. 

When we got to the Field I was surprised to see my family waiting for us. Krysmon, Lettie, Aerybella, and Aeryn ran up to me to make sure I was ok. I assured them I was and look around hoping to find Kyrad in the clearing somewhere but I didn't see him. 

"Wheres Kyrad?" I turn to Blaeke and start to panic. "Shouldn't he be here by now?"

"Yes he should, but lets not panic. Give him a few moments." He places a hand on both shoulders to reassure me. I look at him for a minute and he sends me a smile. I look away as Aeryn approaches me.

"You." She says as she notices Blaeke standing there. He winks at her and smiles. "She's my sister, I'll take care of her thank you." She faces towards me and hugs me. 

"Oh really? Well I didn't see you out in the abysm taking care of her." Aeryn spins on her heels and gets in Blaekes face.

"I.." I cut her off by grabbing her hand. 

"Guys this isn't the time to flirt with each other!" I pull Aeryn beside me as her mouth hung open, face turning red. Blaeke winks at her and walks towards Krysmond. 

"Come sit with me while we wait on Kyrad." I say to her as we make our way to a tree. We sit on the ground at the base of the tree quietly. Everyone was waiting for Kyrad to show up. I could tell everyone was getting restless after a while from waiting on him. But there's no way I was going to leave him.