Chapter 2 - Ansyl

Start from the beginning

"Oh, nothing," Ansyl said, looking up at her friend.

Sia was the most silent one in the group, always listening to what others had to say but she rarely adding her own stories to the conversation. She was the kind who preferred to read books than go to parties on most days. She was also the most intuitive in the group. If someone was feeling down, the silent girl was the first one to notice.

Without saying another word, Sia just gently rubbed her back and Ansyl couldn't be more grateful to have her around.

"Okay, so, I have an amazing idea for the weekend," Brianna spoke up as she turned down the music.

Cat immediately stopped dancing and plopped onto the ground, leaning against Kyle's car. Sia moved closer to Ansyl, resting her chin on the red head's shoulder.

"Yes, what is this amazing plan that you have?" Kyle drawled and Brianna glared at him.

"Well, there's this really exciting ritual I read about," Brianna started, her eyes shining with excitement.

"Wait. Hold up a minute. Did you say ritual?" Ansyl asked, sceptical about the plan that Brianna had.

"Ansyl, honey, you worry too much. It's just a fun game," Brianna replied, waving her hand.

Ansyl pressed my lips together, still unsure of whatever Brianna was planning.

"Just hear me out, okay," Brianna rolled her eyes at her friend's worried face. "So, there's this ritual that you perform that allows you to summon a demon to your house. The moment the demon enters, you play a little game of hide and seek. If you win, he will grant you any wish. If you lose, well, no one really knows what happens if you lose."

Silence fell as everyone stared at Brianna for a while.

Ansyl knew Bri was a little crazy but this was a whole new level of crazy even for her. The sudden need to summon a demon and perform a ritual was new for Brianna who always avoided things like that. She didn't believe in it so she saw no point in being involved in something so weird.

"How many drugs are you on?" Cat finally asked, laughing and breaking the silence.

"I'm not on any drugs. It's just something I want to try out," Brianna smirked.

"It's probably just bullshit," Kyle added.

"Which is why there's no harm in trying this out, right? I mean, it can't do anyone any harm since it's probably not even true," Brianna shrugged.

"This is stupid," Ansyl said, shaking her head.

While she wasn't an avid believer in the supernatural or the divine, she didn't like messing around with such things either.

From a young age, Ansyl was teased by her friends for her reluctance to try out things like a spirit board or anything along that line but there were just some things she refused to get involved with.

"You're such a wimp," Brianna sneered, rolling her eyes and making Ansyl flinch.

It wasn't new for Brianna to snap at Ansyl whenever she didn't get her way. The brunette was always coming up with dangerous things to do and Ansyl was always turning her down.

She should have been used to it by now but every time Bri snapped, Ansyl couldn't help but feel bad.

"Hey, if she doesn't want to do it then that's the end of that," Nathan said defensively.
"I won't let you insult Red just because she doesn't agree to every demand you make."

Seeing how angry he was, Ansyl put her hand on Nathan's chest and his hand instinctively grabbed it, intertwining his fingers with hers.

"It's just a stupid thing from the internet. It won't hurt anyone," Brianna argued.