12

If someone asked me three years ago my opinion of Matt Healy, I would have had three answers. My first would have been "I hate him, he's no good". My second would have been "He's actually really sweet, I think I love him". My third, and current, feeling is "I hate him again, he's always been no good". 

Rewind to the night he broke my heart. 

Tears were shed for that entire night. My entire journey from the hotel in Florida to Carter's picture-perfect house was a nightmare. I never thought I would need to take Carter up on his offer for me to come and live with him, but that night I discovered I was going to quickly. 

Carter and his wife took me in immediately. They flew me back to England a few days after, and together, the three of us cleaned out my entire apartment. I dropped out of my university courses, for good this time, and said my goodbyes to a few friends I gathered over the years. Including Aidan. 

The room they decorated for me in their guest house was gorgeous. It was mint green, with tons of twinkly lights, big fluffy pillows and even my own balcony. The kitchen I got was gorgeous, everything stainless steel, which inspired me to become a chef in a nearby restaurant. 

My chef status quickly moved to the owner of a gorgeous Italian restaurant a few blocks away from my house. I worked long hours, slowly but steadily mending my broken heart. He never called. I went on casual dates, but I could never shake the feeling that "they aren't him". No matter how hard I tried. 

Rewind to two years ago. 

I finally had a perfect relationship with a sweet business man named Jeremy. We started slow, occasional dates, until it got to the point where I was begging him to move in. We had wedding plans, a future planned together, but I just couldn't do it. I loved Jeremy, I truly did. But love isn't always enough when you can't get a dark haired boy with a devilish grin out of your mind. 

Jeremy understood, we remained good friends. I was one of the bridesmaids at his wedding a few months later. I smiled the whole time. He looked happy as ever, his lopsided smile prominent throughout the whole evening. His wife looked gorgeous, too. 

I spent a lot of time with my nephews -- Carter's wife ended up being pregnant with identical twins -- Joseph and Elliot. Yes, they named their son after me, something I could never get over. We often played outside together, I taught them how to ride their bikes and climb trees. Of course, as their aunt, I had to provide the giggles and food, but it was worth it. 

I decided to open another restaurant in California, also buying a cute apartment a few blocks away for when I had to attend to business. It reminded me of my apartment with him. I repainted the walls to get rid of the familiar yellow. I also bought a cactus, but is that really important to mention? 

Rewind to a year ago. 

I live in California now. Along with my puppy, Nestor. The restaurant in Cali turned out to be a lot more famous than the one in Florida. Many celebrities come to this one. Not to brag, but I've met Miley. 

The restaurant is currently dwindling with a few customers. It's almost eleven at night, which means everyone is heading out to go home. Except a few. There's a blonde haired woman sitting with a very old man in the corner, and a sexy author scribbling on a piece of paper at the bar. 

I'm wiping down tables and stacking chairs when I hear the door open and close. 

"We're closed!" I holler to the mystery person that has just entered the restaurant. I've got to remember to lock the door before I begin cleaning up. 

"I'm not here for food," the unforgetful voice that's been etched into my mind for two years speaks. 

"Well, what can I do for you?" I question icily, keeping my distance from the devil himself. 

It's been two years before I've seen him, and now here he is. I've been hoping he'd show up in my life forever, but now that he's here I'm not quite sure what I want. 

"I tried to move on, you know. I couldn't. Every single girl I saw, I couldn't get your face out of my head. I've had blue balls for the past two years because of you. I just wanted to see how you've been doing, wish you congratulations on your success," he tells me, moving closer, closing the gap between us. 

"I was engaged," I whisper quietly, knowing he can still hear, "I was engaged for eight fucking months, but I couldn't go through with it. I couldn't go through with it because some asshole broke my heart two years ago with some whore, and all you've got to say to me is that you've had blue balls?" I narrow my eyes at him, ready to blame him for everything I've done wrong in the past two years of my life. 

"I'm sorry you feel that way, I'm also sorry some man almost snagged you before I could grow some courage and face you again. Can't say I'm sorry you didn't marry him though, I bet it's because you're meant for me," 

"I'm meant for you? What does that even mean? I'm meant to get my heart broken everytime I catch you with some random hook up? I'm supposed to pretend I don't notice the weed and coke you sneak into the house? That's not a life, that's a prison away from prison!" I cry out, hitting him against his broad chest, ignoring the spark that runs from my fingertips down to my toes. 

"I've changed, you know," he says coolly, "Haven't touched a girl, drug or drink since you left. I moved to California a year ago, left my band dreams behind. I've got a job now, I'm an accountant, believe it or not. I'm just waiting for the girl I still love, and haven't stopped loving, to forgive me and accept me for who I am now. I know I don't deserve, but oh man, do I want it. You wouldn't believe how bad I want you, Ellie. I changed when I realized you were gone for good. I'm sorry it took so long for me to realize it, I guess it took you leaving before it knocked some sense into me." 

I stood there stunned, like a deer caught in the headlights, gawking at the boy infront of me. He's really done it. He's changed. The boy I've wanted for the past two years of my life has finally become everything I need. 

Pause right now. 

It's my wedding day, with Matthew Healy, and I'm about to walk down the aisle. He's standing there grinning at me like an idiot, and I couldn't be any damn happier. 

LA FIN 

go aurora 

it is over 

i have a new book i wish to start 

it will be up in a few days 

pleaaase go check it out when i post an update later :) 

and vote on this chapter lovelies, let's say 20 votes and 15 comments will get you all a delicious epilogue into the after of ellie and matt's life!! xo 

 REASON FOR MY QUICK ENDING: I AM LOSING TIME TO UPDATE THIS STORY, IDEAS WERE BECOMING LOW, AND I DIDN'T WANT TO PULL THE CLICHE ''NEVER MEET AGAIN'' THING, BUT I ALSO DIDN'T WANT THE CLICHE ''BACK TOGETHER 2 HOURS LATER'' THING. LET'S FACE IT, MATTY AND ELLIE ARE PERF TOGETHER. ANYWAYS, THIS IS MY STORY, ALL FINISHED. CUTE N SWEET LIL STORY ABOUT A GORGEOUS 1975 MEMBER, UR WELCOME. 

anyone want my identity revealed? i will reveal my tumblr if you guys want? you WILL realize that my name is not in fact aurora, you will end up with my real name!! oohh scandalous!

~Aurora