Chapter 9- A Lunch Date

Start from the beginning

"Alright I'll try," she mumbles as she breaths a sigh of focus.

"Focus on tuning the volume up to the lowest frequency for now," Barry advises and she gives a nod before scrunching her face in concentration. She began running and suddenly her speed picked up to the point where she was a blur. She only ran for about a second before stopping in surprise.

"I did it!" She exclaimed proudly as we jogged to catch up to her.

"Was that your lowest speed?" Barry asked in surprise, and she nodded. I couldn't help but gawk, she went almost faster than me at her lowest! "That's amazing, we'll work more on control so your stops and starts are less sporadic," Barry reassures as he pats her on the back.

"Dude, how did you do that?" I eagerly ask her as I pat her shoulder and she shrugs with a red face. "I think you beat me with that speed!" I told her as I threw my arms in the air.

"I did what you said to do, I focused!" she said teasingly before flicking my nose. I scrunched my face up in discomfort as I rub my nose while walked the rest of the way to the restaurant as to not attract attention to ourselves.

We walked into the restaurant and were seated quickly. Lucky for us the waitress came right away, she was a cheery faced lady sporting a worn out apron and heels.

"Hey there kiddos, what can I get you today?" She asked Elias and I in a cheery tone with a sweet smile plastered on her slightly wrinkled face. I stared at the menu for a moment in thought before looking back at the women with a smile.

"I'll get two number seven's and three milkshakes, please!" I told her and Elias looked at me like I was crazy. She wasn't accustomed to my large appetite yet.

"Is that for the two of you?" She asks while gesturing to Elias and I, but I shake my head.

"Nope, that's just me," I reply with a grin and he eyes widen in shock.

"Oh ok and for you darling?" She said awkwardly as she turned to Elias who still had a slightly disgusted look on her face.

"I will get one number 5 and a soda because I eat like a normal person." She said looking my way and I just laughed at her.

"Alright sweetheart, and for you sir?" She asked Barry and he looked down at the menu, deep in thought.

"Hmm let's see, I'll get three of the number eight combos and I will get three milkshakes as well!" Barry said casually and again Elias and the waitress looked at him like he was crazy while I held in a chuckle.

"Ok then...I will go tell the chef." She said in a slightly cautious breath as she turned from the table, utterly unsettled by our excessive eating.

"Ok what is wrong with you two? You guys just ordered enough food to feed like 8 people!" She exclaims when the waitress left us and me and Barry just laugh at her concern. I leaned back into my seat again and she shook her head at me.

"It's just how much I eat." I told her calmly and she continued shaking her head at me in disbelief.

"I would hate to be your parents." She said and I laughed at her comment. The waitress came back with all of our drinks as Barry and I quickly got to work drinking them. Elias calmly took her drink and thanked the woman as she left.

We were drinking when I suddenly had a massive burp and Elias shot me a disgusted look while Barry snickered.

"That was just nasty!" She said while laughing at how proud I seemed.

"Yeah I know, you are probably jealous that you could never compete with me." I said cockily as I put my hands behind my head.

"Oh, is that a challenge, West?" She asks as she picked up her soda and took a huge gulp of it. She put her cup back on the table and let out an even bigger burp than I did. Barry and I stared at her with wide eyes as she copied my cocky action.

"Oh it's on!" I declare as I took a sip out of my pop and let out another enormous burp. We competed a few more times before it was ended by an earth shattering burp beside us.

We looked up with wide eyes to see Barry wipe his mouth with he sleeve. Both of us applauded him as he took a bow and people started to leave the restaurant in disgust.

Elias's POV

We were all laughing about our little burping competition we had and I think it was pretty clear that Barry had won. We continued talking and laughing until the food came and I was happy to be able to bond with them.

The food was gone in minutes and I couldn't believe that Wally was still hungry after, but Barry refused buy more food (which was probably a good choice). He paid the bill and his wallet died in the process.

We headed out to the place where Barry wanted to train us which was not as exciting or interesting as I thought it was going to be.

It was an empty field in a secluded part of town, so at the very least we wouldn't have to worry about unwanted guest. We began our training and Barry had me heavily focus on my speed control, it was stupid irritating how sporadic my movements still were but he told me to remain patient.

I knew it wouldn't come in a day, but I wasn't going to rest until I am better than I was before.

3rd POV

Elias sat on the ground, downing water with a passion as she rested for a moment. The hours running back and forth while simultaneously working her brain had taken a toll on her body.

"Hey Elli, how ya doing?" Wally called as he casually sat beside her on the floor and she looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Is that my name now? I'm sure you could get a little more creative than that." She said to him and he laughed mockingly.

"You call me West so don't even complain, plus I think it's cute." Wally told her with a shrug and she blushed at the compliment. A silence came over the two, the relaxing atmosphere of the quiet field created a safe place for them to lock eyes. Both sharing wonderfilled looks as they stared at each other.