Day 57 - Looking through the Eyes of Love

Start from the beginning

Malapit na 'ko, Tisoy. Konting hakbang na lang, huwag lang akong madadapa. Pero alam ko naman, andiyan ka para itayo at alalayan ako.

Did I tell you that I love how our minds work together, how we challenge each other, how we fight, literally and figuratively and then make up after? Did I also tell you that I love your jealousy because I know I matter to you? Well alam ko namang sakto lang.

At aminado naman ako, I can be impulsive at times. But you ground me, you really do. I love. So whatever time God will allow us to have together, be it a week, a month, a year or a decade more, know that I will cherish every moment.

Finally, after what seems like forever of walking with heart racing, she's suddenly in front of him. She felt RJ taking her hand, guiding her so they could stand together in front of the solemnizing officer.

 She felt RJ taking her hand, guiding her so they could stand together in front of the solemnizing officer

The music stopped.

It's time for the ceremony to start...... "We're gathered here today....".

Then the I do's.

Then came the awaited highlight of the wedding. 

Their wedding vows.

RJ:

"Pagpasensiyahan n'yo na po at mahaba ito. Minsan lang naman kaya pagbigyan n'yo na."

He faced his bride, his wife.

"Menggay, alam kong ayaw mo ng drama pero pagbigyan mo na ko. Tutal naka-oo ka na kanina. Misis na kita."

"I know that our journey to this special day is more of an exception than the rule. It has only been 57 days since our paths crossed again after 10 years. While others would want to take their time, get to know each other better, wait for their love to mature, we charged on."

"Kung yung sa iba marathon, sa atin ay sprint. Not because we want to rush things but because we might not have the time others have. Alam ko kahit ikaw nabigla but thank you for taking this leap of faith with me. Saan man tayo dalhin, gaano man kahaba o kaikli yung magiging paglalakbay nating dalawa bilang mag-asawa, maging masaya man, malungkot, maingay, tahimik, magulo, magkatampuhan man, basta magkasama, alam kong walang hindi tayo makakaya."

"Yes, I'm not promising that our days will all be reds, oranges, yellows, greens, blues, indigos, and violets, yes, not everyday will be rainbow-colored, sometimes it will be grey and black and gloomy. So whatever color our world may turn out to be on a single day, I will be there with you and for you all the way. You know why? Because I love you, and I cannot imagine not spending my remaining days without you. Because not being with you is totally out of the question, it's not even part of the equation."

"Basta Menggay, hinay-hinay lang nang konti sa pagsugod sa disgrasya at pagtalon-talon sa kung saan-saan. Promise, kakayanin ng puso ko yan."

Maine:

"Pa'no yan Tisoy, hindi ko na masyadong hahabaan, sinabi mo na yata lahat."

"Eto na, eto na talaga. Wala nang urungan. Totoo na 'to. Magiging Mrs. Alden Richard Faulkerson na 'ko. Sabi mo nga, kung gaano man o kaikli tayo papayagan ng Diyos na magkasama, so be it."

"Agree ako diyan, let's use whatever time we have to build our memories together. So that when we look back when we're already grey and old, we can say that every week, every day, every hour, every heartbeat mattered. Because you see, I'm still hoping and praying that we will grow old together. Tiwala at dasal lang."

"I eagerly look forward to working with you now as husband and wife, looking forward to our fights, our professional arguments, our never ending discussion in as much as I look forward to making up with you, sleeping and waking up with you, eating with you, laughing with you, cuddling with you, talking to you or just simply being silent with you. I also look forward to the adventures and investigations we will do together, the dangers and the narrow escapes, as long as we're together."

"To put it simply mahal, I love you too and I'm very much looking forward to living and being alive with you and the family we will build together."

And when the time came for the the other highlight, the Wedding Kiss, the groom let the bride take the lead, just as they practiced it.

A/N:Mamaya na po ang post-wedding scenes.

Thank you DTBY, GMA7-2017 for the wedding pictures (photo credit)