Day 57 - Looking through the Eyes of Love

A/N: Bakit late na naman si otor? Eto na nga, now I know why I avoided writing wedding vows in both OLSL and TWY, dinugo ang ilong ko! Sinubukan ko nang itulog para mapanaginipan, wa epek! I still ended up uploading the update late.

I tell you, the struggle is very real! As in dalandal real! But I know that just this once, the story calls for it. So here goes.

Kaya alam n'yo na, dahil kinulang tayo ng oras, may update po ulit mamaya.

Alden Richard Faulkerson and Maine Mendoza got married by the lone Narra tree in the garden of the groom's ancestral home. Exactly fifty-seven (57) days after then met again.

With minimal fuzz, minimal decoration, just the two them and the people that matters, their immediate family and close friends.

Just the way they wanted it. Just the way it should be.

Hindi pa man, RJ is already teary-eyed as he watch Maine walks toward where he is standing, waiting, not believing that this special day will come in his lifetime.

That he will tie the knot with the very same person who matters most outside of parents. The one person he thought he'll never see again. They have come full circle. She's walking to him, maybe without her sight but definitely with her whole heart.

He can't wish for more.

This is it Menggay. No turning back. Just keep walking. I'm here waiting.

And as I watch you walk towards me, I can't help but remember a girl who braved it out and comforted a boy who had already given up on life, who had already given up on his heart. My life was dark and gloomy then, but in the short span of time that I came to know you, hindi ako magsasawang sabihin sa 'yo, binalik mo yung kulay sa mundo ko.

And now meeting you and falling for you after 10 years of looking, my life is now in living colors. It's only right and fitting that I will give to you my eyes, my heart and everything that I can have and I can offer, today and for the rest of my days.

Even if she has not regained her full vision yet, she must have imagined what I was thinking and doing because she smiled and raised her eyebrow. Alam kong ayaw mo ng drama Menggay ko, pero pasensiya na, hindi ko yata mapipigilan.

---------------------

Today, Maine insisted that she will walk alone, slowly but surely, to the lone figure in front that matters. Yes, pinilit niya, makulit lang. However, she did not tell them but she's now starting to see shadows and figures, so it's not all darkness. She wants to surprise her husband-to-be later.

While she makes her way amid the people they both love, she thinks of their journey to this day, knowing that he's thinking about it too. Hindi ko man nakikita, sigurado ko, mangiyak-ngiyak ka na naman 'no? Don't worry mahal, hindi lang ikaw. So she smiles with matching taas ng kilay.