Chapter 7

Katelyn found her brother fast asleep in his bed when she got home to the apartment after her fight that night. She collapsed quickly and fell asleep with a throbbing stomach, where she got punched.

The pain was comforting, she thought as she sat in her first-period class. Xavier was being annoying again and wouldn't stop talking to Katelyn. But she was growing used to Xavier, he really was a nice guy despite his dark look.

"You smoke?" Xavier randomly asks making Katelyn drop her pencil on her desk and look towards him.

"No." She answered before merely picking her pencil up and continue writing.

"Drink?" Xavier continues to push, he's trying to get everything he can out of Katelyn. Xavier is starting to think that Katelyn is just an average pretty girl who has never done anything interesting with her life.

"No." Katelyn responded again making Xavier sigh, but he was far from giving up.

"Ever gone clubbing?" Xavier asked hopefully.

"No, for the fifteen millionth time." Katelyn said getting annoyed just as the bell rang.

Katelyn and Xavier walked together to second-period while people in the hallway were giving them curious glances. Katelyn didn't think anything of their stares but they all know what Xavier is playing, he's the notorious school bad boy that gets whatever he wants.

Xavier saw his friends in the hallway and dragged Katelyn over to them so he could speak with them real quick.

"You guys a thing?" One of the guys immediately asked seeing that Xavier and Katelyn have been seen a lot around school together.

"Only in his dreams." Katelyn responded making the guys laugh.

As the guys continued to laugh another one spoke up, Katelyn immediately recognized him as James who is in her second-period class with Xavier as well. "I have never seen Xavier in school this much, like ever." He laughed as Xavier shoved his shoulder to shut up.

The three of them then walked to their second period, taking seats in the way back of the classroom. The teacher began teaching, it was really dull for every person in the class.

Suddenly Katelyn's phone started buzzing in her pocket and heads turned towards her. Katelyn didn't turn off her phone in class because she deleted all the numbers on her phone after the fire. Quickly grabbing her phone out of her pocket she looked down at it and saw that it was Michael calling.

"Katelyn no phones in class." The teacher called out as he narrowed his eyes at Katelyn for disrupting the class.

Katelyn stood up, knowing that if Michael were to call her during school it would be important. The teacher immediately spoke up, he was a strict teacher and this was not acceptable to him.

"Sit back down in your seat and give me your phone." He says as he holds out his hand, but Katelyn just looked from the teacher to her ringing phone. She was always known to follow the rules at her old school but Katelyn's rebellious side was emerging and she did something she never thought she would ever do.

Katelyn accepted the call in front of her teacher as she picked her book bag up off the floor. "Yes Michael, what is it?" Katelyn answered as her teacher grew furious walking over to his desk for something, but Katelyn didn't stick around to figure out what he was getting.

With the whole class staring at her with wide eyes Katelyn walked out of the classroom with the teacher yelling at her to come back.

"Everything okay over there?" Michael asks nervously hearing her teacher yell from the other line. Katelyn just fast walked away from the classroom and out the front doors of the school building to her motorcycle.