Happy Birthday! (Kili x Hobbit!Reader)

Start from the beginning

Bilbo nodded, holding out the tray of food he had to you. "I made you your favorite breakfast, pumpkin," he added, setting the wooden tray onto your lap, the legs supporting the tray on either side of your own legs.

The sleepy glare in your eyes softened at the sight of the food Bilbo had prepared for you on this special day. Flapjacks, scrambled eggs with delicious aged cheddar, fresh fruit from the garden, a mug of your favorite tea, and toast with butter and honey. "Oh, Bilbo! This looks amazing!" you cried happily, grabbing your utensils and digging in.

Bilbo laughed and sat down in your armchair, placed near your bedside. "I actually have another surprise for you today, (Y/n)," he announced excitedly, attempting to keep his composure and not give away what he had planned.

"Oh?" you asked absentmindedly, focused on your flapjacks.

"Yes," he continued, "and it should be arriving sometime before luncheon, so hurry up and finish your breakfast and bathe and get dressed so you can finish second breakfast before it gets here, all right?"

You nodded, a little more attentive to his words now, but your eyes trained on your plate. What could be coming that required you to be in such a readied state?

>>>timeskip to 11 o'clock, before luncheon—brought to you by Pippin getting knocked in the head by an apple<<<

You stood by the door, your elder brother in front of you, straightening out your skirts and fixing your hair (even though neither of them needed it). "Is this really necessary, Bilbo?" you asked, a bit annoyed. You were 28 today after all, no need for your ancient brother of 50 to look after you like you were some sort of child.

"Yes, (Y/n), it is," he mumbled, plucking the last of your (h/c) curls from your forehead and laying it into place, on the side of your temple along with the rest of your beautiful hair and daisies that Bilbo had woven into it (he had learned from Bombur, who had apparently done the same for his little girls back home).

You huffed a sigh and leaned against the door in impatience, only to be yanked back to your feet by Bilbo, who muttered about 'leaning not being a ladylike practice.' "Bilbo, when will my surprise be here?"

"Very soon," he drawled out, staring out the window to peer at the roads leading into the Shire from Bree. "Very, very soon," he added in a whisper with a smile on his face, for he had seen your special birthday gift trotting down the skinny pathway leading to Bag End, one by one, in a line of thirteen.

"All right," he chirped in excitement, pulling your hand to lead you outside the round doorway. "Time to see your surprise!"

You squinted at the bright sunshine that had suddenly violated your vision, and looked around the gorgeous landscape of the Shire. "What is it?" you asked, shrugging. "I don't see anyth-" You suddenly stopped, finally spotting what Bilbo had been referring to, and let out the loudest scream you or Bilbo had ever heard.

You leapt off the front stairs and tore down the pathway, leaving Bilbo to cover his ears and complain about women and their emotions. But you didn't care. This was the best birthday present EVER!

The whole company rode their faithful ponies down the little dirt path, one in front of the other (for the pathway was quite narrow, being made for hobbits after all), with Thorin in the lead, as usual.

Kili, Fili, and Ori were chatting excitedly about seeing (Y/n) again, after a whole year of having to deal with her absence in Erebor. Everyone knew about Kili's love for the precious little hobbit lass, and of his previous plans to ask her to allow him to court her. But he had now decided once again to ask her. Maybe if she agreed, she would come back to live in Erebor with him!

Before they could even reach the outer borders of Bag End, every dwarf, even deaf old Oin, heard an ear-piercing scream.

Thorin flinched, the youngest dwarves winced, little Ori even covered his ears. Dwalin, Balin, and Bofur laughed, seeing (Y/n) running to meet them, and knew it had been her, shrieking in joy.

Kili grinned and coaxed his pony around his uncle's, then galloped towards her, not able to wait any longer. Before he had the chance to run her over, he leapt from the saddle, landing stably on his feet. The young prince grabbed (Y/n) by the waist and hoisting her up into the air, twirling her around several times before setting her on the ground and smashing his lips on hers in a longing kiss.

(Y/n) squeaked in surprise and gasped, but soon fell victim to his charm. When he eventually pulled away, her face was quite flushed, and so was his.

"Happy birthday, love!" Kili cried excitedly.

"Thank you," you returned, still a bit embarrassed by his previous act of passion. "...What was..the-the kiss for?"

Kili looked at you with a nervous but loving gleam in his chocolate eyes. "Because...because I love you, (Y/n)," he confessed. "And...I want to ask you something."

You nodded, encouraging him to continue.

"I wish to know if...if you will allow me to court you, Miss (Y/n) Baggins of the Shire? I have loved you from the beginning, and it would be the highest honor if I could love you to the end of my days." He waited for you to answer, his heart palpitating anxiously.

"Oh, Kili," you nearly sobbed, and pulled him into a hug, your arms clinging around his neck like he was your life source, which he basically was. "I would love to let you court me!" you choked out through your tears.

Kili laughed, spinning you 'round a few times more, his face nearly splitting from his gleeful smile.

You were finally his.