On Thin Ice

Sly got Sandra back to the safe house as quickly as he could, kicking the doors of the hospital open.

"BENTLEY!!" He screamed.

The turtle rolled over to the two raccoons, quickly looking Sandra up and down. She was barely conscious, shivering from the cold, and her face was redder than normal. Everybody else gathered around, all of their faces etched with worry.

"Get her onto one of the cots and out of those wet clothes." Bentley told him. "Carmelita, you go and find as many blankets as you can. Marcus, Murray, you two get at least two of those space heaters on her. Benjy, find me some diphenhydramine and some pseudoephedrine."

Everyone quickly scattered, eager to help Sandra. Sly got her onto a cot, pulling her wet coat off of her, as well as her shoes and socks. Marcus and Murray grabbed two of the space heaters and aimed them directly at Sandra as Carmelita arrived with an armful of blankets. Everyone grabbed one, draping them over Sandra. Her shivering was slowly beginning to die down as Benjy returned with the two medicines.

"Luckily, dis place still had some." He said to himself. "De looters didn't git it all."

Bentley nodded, then took the two medicines. He crushed up the pills and mixed them into a glass of water, rolling over to Sandra.

"Sly, lift her head." He requested.

He did so and Bentley slowly poured the medicine into her mouth. She drank it quickly, then finally lost the battle with consciousness. Her eyes fluttered shut and Sly set her back down.

"She gonna be alright?" Carmelita asked as she tucked the blankets around Sandra.

"The combination of the cold, stress, the beating from Boris, and jumping out that window took its toll." Bentley explained. "She needs to rest for a bit, and stay warm."

Sly looked down at Sandra, gently caressing her hair.

"Don't worry Sandra." He whispered. "You just rest. We'll save Garrett for you."

Carmelita also looked down at Sandra, thinking back to how Sandra had been running from Inspector Garrett one minute, then scared for his life the next. Was that how Sly was with her? She had remembered many instances where he had run from her, and many more where he had come to her rescue.

She found herself snorting slightly. Sandra truly was Sly's descendant.

The gang left Sandra alone to sleep, returning to the job at hand. Though Boris had destroyed Sandra's binoc-u-cam, Bentley and Benjy had managed to download the photos and footage before he crushed it.

"Alright guys." Bentley began. "I don't think I need to tell you that this job isn't gonna be easy. We've got highly trained, and extremely vigilant guards patrolling the area, we've lost the element of surprise, and on top of taking down Boris, we're also gonna need to rescue Garrett BEFORE the auction."

"Before we do anything, we're gonna need a copy of da guest list fer de auction." Benjy explained. "Te git it, Bentley and I are gonna need ta hack inna Boris' CCU. While goin' ovah de footage, we spotted it right inna middle of de oil rig."

"It's under heavy guard, and even with my bombs, Benjy and I won't stand a chance." Bentley added. "So that means Marcus, you and Murray will have to clear the way for us. That will give us access to the CCU, where we can find all the information we need."

Murray punched his palm, looking at Marcus with a smile.

"Just leave it to us Bentley." Murray declared.