The Truth Will Set You Free

The Pharaoh sat in his throne room, his heart heavy with sadness and anticipation. His every thought was on his daughter. Even after a week, there was still no word on her location, no ransom demand, and no idea if she was even alive. His Royal Adviser had taken a troop of men, determined to find the Princess or die trying. The doors to the throne room suddenly opened, causing the Pharaoh to sit up. It was one of his messengers.

"What is it?" he demanded.

"Sire, the Royal Adviser has returned." The messenger replied with an eager expression. "And... He's not alone."

The Pharaoh suddenly found himself sitting on the edge of his throne.

"Bring him in." The Pharaoh ordered. "Immediately!"

The messenger darted out of the Throne Room, disappearing for a minute. The doors were then opened wide as The Royal Advisor walked in. With him was a group of six people with their hands bound and a figure hidden underneath his wing. The Pharaoh found his heart racing as the group approached.

"Your Highness." The Royal Advisor greeted. "It is with glad tidings that I present to you... Princess Nefetari."

He removed his wing from around the figure, revealing his beloved daughter underneath. The Pharaoh couldn't contain his raging emotions as tears came to his eyes.

"Nefetari..." he said, his voice choked with sobs.

His daughter looked up at him, her eyes red from crying. Unable to wait any longer, The Pharaoh rose from his throne and embraced his daughter, hugging her tightly. She returned the hug after a moment's hesitation, and the two just stood there for a few minutes before he finally released her. The Royal Advisor then gestured to the six others he had brought along with him.

"I have also brought you the heinous criminals responsible for the abduction of you daughter." He added.

A few soldiers pushed the group towards the Pharaoh while another dropped their weapons on the ground before them, as well as a leather satchel. There were two canes that looked almost identical, a pair of scimitars with a similar shape to the cane, and a strange red weapon.

"As you can see, they were armed and very dangerous."

The Pharaoh faced the group, his eyes narrowing in anger and pure, unadulterated hatred. He gently ushered his daughter behind him as he addressed the criminals.

"You foul low-lives..." he growled. "I will see you all executed for your heinous crimes."

The Pharaoh then felt a tap on his shoulder and turned to face his daughter.

"Umm, yeah..." she piped up. "About that."

The Pharaoh blinked in confusion, and so did the Royal Advisor. That was most definitely not Nefetari's voice. As if to confirm his suspicions, she then reached up and pulled off a wig, letting loose long, wavy black hair.

"Before you go and punish those guys, there's something you should know." she informed them. "I'm not Princess Nefetari."

The Pharaoh backed away in utter shock while the Royal Advisor was completely and utterly frozen. The imposter then walked towards the group of prisoners, approaching the girl in the strange blue garments.

"My name is Sandra Cooper, or Sand of Ra as people here have called me." She explained as she untied the girl's wrists.

"What deception is this? The Pharaoh finally managed to say. "Where is my daughter?!"

Sandra pulled the hood off of the girl's head and removed the black mask from her face.

"I am here father." The true Princess Nefetari said.