~ Part 2

~Rin's POV~

We all walked along the cold streets together. Kira was clinging to my jacket like a toddler. Then we came to a door, just a plain door at the side of a building. Yukio pulled out a huge ring of keys from his pocket, making them ching as he searched for the right one.
"Rin, what are we doing here?" Kira asked, looking around me. She intensified her grip on my jacket.
"Well, you see, those keys can take us anywhere from any door. We're going home," I smiled down at her as Yukio turned the key and pushed open the door.
We walked through, past the door was a huge building full of rooms. Our room was on the second floor.
"Wow! This place is amazing," Kira smiled brightly as she looked around.
Yukio led the way upstairs as we followed. Kira was looking around quite excitedly, although still holding onto my jacket. We got to the second floor and Yukio turned to Kira.
"Okay, Kira, I'll find you a room on the other floor," he said bluntly.
"Why can't I just stay here with you? I am your sister after all."
"Fine. You can stay next door if you really insist," he said dismissively and opened the door to the next room. There were two beds and two desks in the room, accompanied by a severe amount of dust. "Rin, help her get settled," Yukio said looking over at me before leaving.
I nodded and went into the room, Kira following closely behind, "So, this is your room, Kira. I'm sorry about the mess," I dusted off the chair and sat facing Kira.
"It's perfect!" she threw herself on the bed, lying down. "This room is perfect," she closed her eyes to take it all in. She looked really pretty. She seemed to be a few years younger than Yukio and I but there was something about her, her long dark hair with a messy fringe almost matching mine. Her pale skin speckled with stray moles just like Yukio. She came up to about my shoulders. It was her eyes. Blue and green, bright and sharp making her look innocent with her over-sized orbs.
She looked over at me and I blushed a little, realising I had just been staring at her for a ridiculous amount of time. "Brother?" she said lightly.
"Yeah?" She blinked, her eyes boring into my own, "Would I be able to see Father Fujimoto again?"
I looked down, not knowing what to tell her. "Well...no. He died a year or so ago."
It went completely quiet.
"H-He died? I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have asked," she was quiet after that.
"No need to apologise. It's better if you knew," I smiled at her, letting her know it was alright. I looked out the window, the sun was going down. "Oh, it's getting late. You've had a busy day, I'll let you get some rest."
She nodded as I went to walk past her but she grabbed my hand. "Rin, thank you for being so nice to me."
I smiled back at her innocent face, "It's just what brothers do."
I left her in her room, she was so sweet. How could such a little person open up the gate of Gehenna themselves? How did she do it alone? It surely couldn't have been just to meet her brothers.
~Kira's POV~
The next moring when I woke up, the sun was shining through the windows of my room. I couldn't get over how beautiful the light truly was. The snow was still falling lightly, it looked untouched and beautiful.
Someone knocked on the door with their fist, "Kira! We're leaving," it was Yukio, pushing open the door. I turned to face him with a smile but his face turned red and looked away. "Sorry, I should've asked if you were dressed."
"I am dressed, I don't have any other clothes," I said quietly. All I had was thin tattered pieces of old clothes which I had outgrown.
"Well here," he quickly unbuttoned his shirt and handed it to me. I pulled my arms through it, it was huge on me it was flapping over my hands and reaching mid-thigh on me, "That will have to do for now."
I struggled with the buttons for a while. "Brother, I don't understand these things," I fiddled with the stupid buttons, trying to remember how Yukio did it. He walked over to me, looking slightly displeased as always. I looked up at his expressionless face as he lifted his hand. I flinched as he rested it on my head.
"You're so clueless," he said with a slight smile. He then bent down a little and quickly did the buttons, he patted my head again with a smile and then walked out. I put on my cloak, grabbed my sword and followed obediently.
Rin was just coming out of his room when I walked out into the hall. His face visibly brightened when he saw me. He also had a sword over his shoulder, looking quite similar to the one I carried. We waited a little for Yukio to get a new shirt.Rin walked beside me, "Good morning, how was your night?" he smiled, putting his arm over my shoulder.
I smiled back, "Great. How about you, brother?"
Rin was about to answer but Yukio's keys rang loudly as he pulled out another key. He unlocked the door and we followed him through. This time we were in an elegant building, dark wooden flooring stretched through the huge corridors. I twirled my fingers in my cloak. The painted ceiling loomed what must have been 100 meters above us as we walked. Yukio opened a door, the room was set out with different rails draped with white curtains. It was a small nurses office, with a small bed and a long desk that ran the length of the wall.
A young brunette nurse greeted us. "Oh, hello! You must be...Kira," she said, looking at her notes. "It's nice to meet you," she went to shake my hand but I could only stare at her pretty face.
It took a moment for Yukio to nudge me, insisting I shake her hand. "But..." he glared down at me and I quickly reached for her hand with a sour look on my face. I gripped for less than a second, she quickly drew back as I had burnt the palm of her hands with my flames accidentally.
The nurse quickly rushed to run it under cold water, "Kira, did you just?!" Yukio scolded.
"I tried to tell you. If it wasn't already obvious...and you call me clueless," I huffed. Rin laughed a little at Yukio's stupidity. Yukio then realised my whole body was covered in flames.
"My bad, sorry," he bowed to the nurse who was covering her hand with a bandage.
"No need for apologies. It was my fault too," she gave a flirty smile to Yukio and I frowned, "I'll get another nurse to take over for the moment." She then walked out.
Another nurse came in, this time she was blonde and had freckles, "Hello, I'm fay. You don't have to worry about burning me, okay? I have flame repellent holy water cream. I should be alright," she smiled and tapped her pen on her clipboard. I nodded as she directed me to sit on a stool. "Okay, you two can wait outside. It'll just take a moment." My brothers left and the nurse rummaged through some drawers before pulling out some equipment, "Okay, Kira, this will just be a simple check."
She walked towards me with a thermometer and told me to keep it in my mouth. I did as she asked and after a minute she took it out. Fay frowned at the high reading, shaking her head but then noticed I was once again covered in flames. She measured me and tested my reflexes, telling me everything was fine. But then...
"Kira, I'll just be taking some blood for a DNA test, okay?"
"Yeah, sure," I said. Then she pulled a huge needle from a silver tray. "WOW, woah, okay, What the hell is that?!" I stepped off the stool.
"It's just a needle, silly. Don't worry, it wont hurt," she smiled, looking slightly sinister.
She stepped forward and I defensively picked up the stool waving the legs at her as a shield. "Oh, hell no! You're not touching me with that!" She tried to take another step forward but I shot flames at the other side of the room. She screamed in fright but tried to remain composed.