~ part 10

Rins pov ~

As I returned to the room,with two bowls of noodles and a dish of chicken gyosas balanced in my arms, kiras favourite. I pushed the small wooden door open. The room was quiet just the hollow wind blowing through the small open window. rain pattered on the window sil. I sighed as I placed the food down on the table. "Where did she get off to now??" I asked myself.

As I went to closer to the window, a large blue glow caught my eye. Kira! Without hesitation I lept from the window, hitting the ground running as the light glowed brighter. I followed the glow through the hollow streets. Rain pounding hard on me as I sprinted.

I stopped in the corner before an alley way. The blue light flickering on the scattering puddles. I turned the corner. Kira was glowing stronger than I've ever seen. She was engulfed in her flames as they fought off the rain. She thrashed violently at amaimon, her fangs biting into him and ripping flesh. Amaimon fought back, digging his nails into her face to hold her back. She growled as her flames battered the shop fronts.

I ran forward, gritting my teeth at the sight. Her eyes rattled in their sockets as she struggled against amaimon. Her eyes a piercing blue not their usual warm green. I've never seen her so wild. "What did you do to her!? You bastard!!" I shouted as I approached.

he turned his head, a wide smile spread across his face his eyes still as dull always "how nice of you to join us brother, we were just having some fun, care to join us?" he laughed lightly as he held kira back by holding the sides of mouth, keeping her from biting him.

i frowned, pointing my sleeved sword at the back of his head. "what did you do?!!" i shouted as kira continued to violently thrash against amaimons hands, her nails digging into his arms, causing blood to drip down his arms.

"seems i've awoken the little demon, isn't she just glorious?" he grinned wide eyed taking in her frantic state, glowing with visous flames and a deep force pushing against him. he was insane and he made her like this.

kiras eyes twitched still, focusing on amaimon and then me then back to amaimon, her dymanics changed as she pushed harder against amaimon. amaimon lost his grip on her and she bit down hard, catching his fingers as she did so. amaimon fleed behind me for safety, still smiling as he clutched his fingerless hand, staring at her in awe.

kira stood silently in the illumainated alley, the rain pounded, clattering against the gutters and pebbles. blood poured from her mouth staining her soaked shirt. kira spat, sending amaimon's fingers across the alley. i cringed at the sight of her in this state. her arms swang heavily and her eyes dull as she stared at us. she shuffled on the spot, her arms swinging slowly behind her as she moved before she suddenly jolted, fangs glaring as she run towards me. i swang my sleeved sword, catching her bite. i pulled my sword from her mouth and the sleeve came off with her. my flames erupted, not nearly as bright as hers, not nearly as strong. she lept at me again, biting at the air as i rolled out of the way.

"Kira stop this!" i shouted as she regained her composure "get it together, kira."

she didnt respond, just jumped blindly at me again. Catching my sword in the grip of her fangs. I pushed her back as she went to bite again. "Kira please, get yourself together "

she lept at me once more biting into my forearm as I attempted to shield myself. I whinced in pain as she stared, fangs bearing down on my flesh. her pupils shaking manically as she focused on me. she slowed for just a second before clamping down, in pain I released my sword and kicked her off me. She skidded across the wet pebbles stopping when she hit the wall. Her sword lay in the ditch and she grabbed it. Using it to support her as she stood then pointing it towards me. "I'm not going to fight you, kira" I talked, echoing through the empty streets.

A low and rough voice awnsered "if you don't fight. You die, boy!" Followed by that laugh I could never forget.

She sprinted then lept at me, her blade catching my ribs. I secured my footing as she pludged her sword deep. "Im not going to fight you, kira" she pressed inti me as the hilt of her sword hit my stomach I reeled in pain wrapping my weak arms round her and pulling her close . I slowly dropped to my knees. Her green eyes now illuminated by her dampened flames. her sword through my chest, moving as i breathed slowly. i looked up her, her innocence, through the violence stared me in the face before she fell into me.

"Father please stop, I don't want to fight anymore. Please" she whispered lightly as she grew heavy in my arms.