Thirty-One

It was as if I was contained in one little box. Nakahiga ako sa kama ko at wala akong energy na gumawa ng kahit ano. That one box is slowly shrinking every minute and it's suffocating me. I've never had such little motivation to breathe.

Hindi ko alam kung paano ma-explain 'yung nararamdaman ko ngayon. But the closest situation was this: Mananalo na sana ng volleyball game pero biglang na-out 'yung spike tapos nag-reception error pa. Panalo na sana, pero natalo pa. Papasa na sana sa thesis pero nag-minus one kasi late submission. Pasado na sana, bumagsak pa. Mananalo na sana sa sprinting race pero natapilok at hindi nakatayo agad. Umabot na sana, pero kumapos pa.

I've never felt so unwanted in my life. Hindi ba ako enough para mag-stay siya? Hindi ba ako importante? Wala lang ba ako sa kanya?

Pero bakit niya pina-feel sa akin na importante ako? Bakit pinaasa pa niya ako sa mga pinagsasabi niya? Hindi ko siya maintindihan. Sobrang nakakainis siya! Siya ang pabibo!

Pero... Am I wrong in hoping na baka mag-change pa rin 'yung mind niya? Na baka na-realize niya na enough na ako para mag-stay siya?

My thoughts were interrupted by the ring on my phone. 1:54 na ng hapon. Pero hindi pa rin ako nagpapalit ng damit, hindi pa rin ako kumakain, at hindi pa rin ako tumitigil sa kakaiyak. I checked my phone and it was Ara who was calling. Fifth time na 'yata niyang tumawag today. But I didn't feel like answering it.

When the rings died away, I saw that she had texted me. For the tenth time today. Hindi ko rin chin'check texts niya, but this one in particular caught my eye.

Nag-send siya ng link sa akin. Na-curious ako so I opened her text and pressed the link. It took me to a website and it looked like it was a story, so I read it.

THE WOLF AND THE MOON

"Once, there lived a wolf. A wolf that was one of his pack, a wolf just like any other wolf. He was, indeed, a normal wolf. Or so he thought.

One day, the wolf saw a beautiful, bright moon glistening over him and his pack. He grew curious of the moon, and left his pack to climb the tallest mountain to get a better look at the wonderful moon. He wanted to touch the moon, he wanted to tell her that she was beautiful and that the wolf loved her with all his being. And so, the wolf climbed all night, resting only for a bit, to reach the top of the tallest mountain and to get a good look at the beautiful moon.

But by the time he reached the top, the moon was already gone and was replaced by a scorching sun.

"Where is the moon?" The wolf asked the sun.

The sun was much bigger than the wolf, and he was powerful and he was strong. He was perfect for the moon. The wolf was only a wolf.

"She is sleeping," said the sun. "Who are you?"

"I am the wolf," replied the wolf. "I love the moon and I came here to tell her that."

The sun merely chuckled. "But you are only a wolf! The moon doesn't deserve someone like you. I suggest you climb back down to your pack."

But the wolf did not move. He stayed until the sun was finally gone and was replaced once again by the moon. She was beautiful. The wolf howled with all his might, trying to tell the moon that he loved her and that she was beautiful and wonderful.