Twenty

After lunch, Ara let me stay at her office (in the factory) because she told me to record today's progress on her computer.

Umupo na ako sa chair niya at hinarap ang desk niya. 'Di ko 'to napansin kahapon o kanina, pero may isang picture frame pala siya na nakalagay sa side ng desk niya. It was a black picture frame and the picture placed on it was undoubtedly a picture of her family. I recognized Tito, Tita, and Kuya Djun. However, I'd realized that this was a long time ago. Ara's hair was up in a tiny ponytail, and, her cheeks were really chubby. I'm guessing this was 2012 or 2013, right after we joined the UAAP.

Anyway, I faced the computer at the side of the desk and turned it on. Hindi 'to Mac like the one in the building, but I preferred this actually, 'cause mas madaling gamitin, at least for me. I waited until the monitor was on, and when the black screen was replaced by the wallpaper, I was taken aback.

Sobrang weird ng sasabihin ko, pero, Ara really has good taste in wallpapers

Sobrang weird ng sasabihin ko, pero, Ara really has good taste in wallpapers. Naalala ko tuloy 'yung moon wallpaper ko sa computer ko. Hanggang ngayon, 'di ko pa rin pinapalitan 'yun. I don't know why pero every time I open my computer and see my wallpaper, I instantly smile. Ang ganda kasi tignan. The same goes for this one.

I've decided to snap out of my wallpaper-admiring-self (?) and do what Ara needed me to do.

A few hours later, Ara and I were already so exhausted that we decided to go back to the office at 5:00.

"Napagod ka ba?" Ara asked nung nasa daan na kami.

"Okay lang," I replied. "Sanay naman na 'ko sa pagod--physical man or mental."

Ara nodded. "Me too. Physical, mental, social, spiritual, emotional."

I looked at her and I saw that her eyes were fixed on the road. Napatingin ako sa labas and it was then that I'd realized that the sky looked beautiful. It had a mixture of pink, purple, and blue colors all getting ready for the sun to go down.

"Ang ganda," Ara said. Napatingin ako sa kanya, and she was looking at me. "Nung sky, ang ganda," She added.

Tumingin na siya sa road and focused on her driving while my eyes remain fixed on her. "Oo, maganda."

We arrived at the office at tumambay muna ako dun dahil mamaya pang 7:00 'yung end of shift ni Jerome. I've realized that I have to wait for two hours since 5:00 pa lang. Ano namang pwede kong gawin? Ayaw ko na lumabas, tipid nga dapat e. Siguro matutulog na lang ako rito sa chair ko.

"'Di ka pa ba uuwi?" I saw Ara getting her bag hung on her chair.

"Uh, no, mamaya pa uuwi si Jerome e. Sabay kami uuwi."

"Jerome?" Ara asked curiously. "Ah, right, operations."

I nodded. Nakita kong binaba ulit ni Ara 'yung bag niya. "Baka mamatay ka of boredom dyan, lika, labas tayo," She said as she opened the door.