Ten

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ASSUME WHAT I THINK AND WHAT I FEEL!"

Napaatras ako, but I didn't let my shock get to me. I walked towards her. Ngayon, we're both standing and the only thing in between us was her desk.

"And you have no right to tell me to stay away from Hannah," I said to her calmly.

She let out a frustrated sigh.

"Ara, I know that I work for you, pero no. I will not stay away from Hannah. Hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit kailangan kong gawin 'yun." I explained.

It took a while for Ara to speak. It seemed as if we were both comprehending the situation and taking it all in. "Do you... do you really think that I hired you dahil gusto lang kitang asarin?" She asked rather seriously.

"Gusto mo ba ng honest answer?" She nodded. "Uh, oo. I think you just want to get back at me, dahil sa nangyari."

Umupo ulit si Ara sa seat niya at napahawak sa ulo niya. "Mika, I didn't hire you para lang asarin ka at mag-revenge sayo. Do you think I'm that immature?"

"Gusto mo ba ulit ng honest answer?" Ara removed the hand on her head at napakunot ang noo niya. "Oo."

Ara breathed deeply. "Nakaka-offend na 'to, honestly."

I giggled a bit. I'm surprised na she's not taking all of this personally. A few minutes ago I was so mad at her, pero ngayon... well, I'm still mad, just, not as mad as before.

"Look, I'm sorry. Sorry kasi I wanted you to stay away from Hannah. I just have... issues. It's all taken care of." Ara apologized. It looked sincere enough.

"I hope you won't do that again. That was way below the belt."

"Well, to be fair, below the belt din naman yung sinabi mong I hired you just to get back at you."

"Hmm," I thought. "Fair enough." I concluded.

I'm not sure kung okay na kami. All I know is we're not exactly friends, and we're not enemies either, we're just something in between that.

I walked to my desk and continued my so-called work. Work pa ba tawag dito? Paano mag-i'increase salary ko rito, e wala naman siya pinapagawa? Another boring day at work.

---

"Pst."

I felt someone's palm on my shoulder.

"Uy. Mika."

I opened my eyes and I hadn't even noticed that I fell asleep on my desk. I raised my head from the desk and the first thing I saw was Ara's face. Hindi siya nakasimanghot like usual. Hindi rin siya naka-smile. 'Di ko maintindihan kung anong mukha 'yan pero surprisingly it's not adding up to my (slight) rage at her.

I checked the time and it was ony 10:38, parang masyado naman yatang maaga lunch ko ngayon.

"Help me out with the checking of the soles for the new running shoes. Nasa baba na 'yung bagong deliver." Ara said as she grabbed the clipboard from her desk.

It turns out, hindi ko pa lunch break. Wait, may pinapagawa na siya sakin? "Ah, sure, sure."

Ara and I exited her office and went straight to the elevator. It looks like bumaba kami sa ground floor, but we weren't going towards the main door. Nasa may likod kami ngayon where different delivery trucks are pulling in.

She handed me the clipboard and said, "I-record mo 'yung estimated number of soles each box and the number of boxes each truck. Record mo rin kung ilang trucks yung nandito ngayon."