The Blame Game

Chapter Two
                         Candela

Shame.

That's all I felt. My trainers had failed me, even though the battle was pretty lit, until others came. I felt disturbed by the crowd, because they could all run their mouths on my team and they had a reason for it.

I kept looking at the trainers as they sat down at my office, them trembling at my sight.

"Gentlemen, would you care to explain what was the little scene back there?" I said, interlocking my fingers.

Following my question, there was the blame game.

"He started it!" The yellow jacket trainer shouted, pointing at Fane, one of the trainers on my team.

Fade stood up, pushing the instinct trainer out of his seat and up to his feet.

"I did not!" He said, holding the yellow jacket with a tight grip.

I stood up, putting my hands on my desk, leaning forward.

"If any of you nut heads don't want any trouble, sit your cheap prides down" I said, crumbling a paper on my hand.

The trainers said down, slowly. Groaning at eachother, they exchanged some looks while I lectured them.

"For you, instinct, your leader will come up with some cheap treatment talk as an aid to your attitude" I said, opening the door for the trainer.

"Maybe you should get one of those, looks like you need one" He said, leaving the room as I slammed the door behind him.

I looked back to Fade, groaning.

"Why do you always have to get ME in trouble?"

"That trainer provoked me, Candela"

"It doesn't matter if he does, just do it somewhere else where you can beat him up and no one will notice unless he says so" I said, sitting down, lighting up the crumbled paper on my hand.

"Maybe you shouldn't have let him go that easily" He said, walking to the door.

I didn't hear anything else from him. Just a loud slam at the door and the echo of it.

_______________________________________

                       Chapter Two
                            Blanche

Walking back to the Headquarters, I find some awkwardly silent paths in the campus. I guess, it is amazing. But so much silence from the biggest team the program has, it scares me.

I press the elevator button, waiting for it to come down once again, until I'm interrupted by a trainer.

"Leader Blanche, it's about your assistant-" The trainer said, adjusting his cap.

"What about her?" I said, not bothering to look at the trainer.

"Well, she's kind of really busy with one of your visits"

"A visit? Must be a new trainer? A professor? Probably. Thank you" I said, going inside the elevator.

Going out the elevator, I got a strange feeling about going in there. I simply ignored it as I opened the door, looking inside, to find a disgrace of a Leader along with my assistant.

"Decided to take a visit to traitor land" Spark said, standing up.

"I'll leave you both alone" The assistant said, shutting the door.

"What do you want?" I said, sitting down.

"Oh, what a way to greet a visitor"

"You are not a friendly visitor"

"Is that so? What an amazing title I've received, then" He said, leaning against a wall.

"What are you up to?" I said, looking at him.

"I'm going to find out what you did to those innocent eggs, the good way or my way" He said, crossing his arms.

I groaned, standing up.

"For the last time, I do not have anything to do with your stupid eggs"

"I don't believe a single word of that sentence, leader Blanche"

_______________________________________

                    Chapter Two
                          Spark

I've always been a person with great instincts, no pun intended. And sadly, I lack of sense when it comes to seeing if a person has good intentions or not. That's why I always blame it on the person that is most likely to have done it.

"So, now that you insist so much on me being guilty of such crime" She said, in a soft but harsh voice.

"What proof so you have against me, Spark?" Blanche pursed her lips, glaring at me.

"Well, physical, none-" I said, thinking of what I was about to say.

"There you go, Leader" She said, pointing at my chest, poking me with her finger.

"Get that answer deep down your pride, brain and guts. Let's see if you are smart enough to process your own words" Blanche finished, leaving the room, taking her heavy words with herself, because they still had not sinked in.

I had to find the person responsible for such acts, but my recent allegations had left me with no more than pure embarrassment. Maybe she's telling the truth, maybe she's not involved in this, at all.

Maybe it's just Valor work, third-party jobs or just inside job from my own trainers. But I can't think of my trainers like that, never. They couldn't do something like this, even less think about it.

But for now, I just can't take the idea of her planning this, due to the circumstances of the competition. Valor was not a clear competitor for such a crime (since they're not involved in the whole egg process-competition) but they may have done it just to cause this, sadly.

I looked around the blue office, surrounded by frosted glass, followed by blurry silhouettes of people passing by. In the wall, there was a huge emblem of the team, followed by the slogan of the team.

I opened the door to leave, looking at the office for the last time, then closed the door.

_______________________________________

Hello! What's up? We had some issues writing this, but we're back! :) Hope that you enjoyed the chapter, stay alive and safe, friends.