Chapter 7 - Dark Magic

There were two dead bodies in Narcissa Malfoy's home - and they would soon start to stink. Narcissa didn't have time for these pesky aurors and their bloody snooping antics.

Narcissa Malfoy was fuming, as she strode over to the Potters she couldn't help but overhear Lord Potters startled exclamation 'Sirius!'.

So the great shaggy dog was indeed her cousin - thought Narcissa with grim satisfaction.

And to think, today was her wedding day. A few hours earlier, Narcissa had been getting ready for her sister's marriage, and now she herself was Mrs Malfoy. This day was vying of the spot of the craziest day of Cissa's life -and that was saying something - considering she had dating a Malfoy, that too in secret.

The events of the morning were floating like ghosts in front of her eyes. Her husband's vile brother had made the colossally stupid mistake of threatening a Black in the Black mansion, and the elven powers in the room containing the severed heads had crushed him to death. Her now deceased mother in law, had trained her wand on Andy; they had narrowly averted a large scale catastrophe by summoning the headmaster Albus Dumbledore in the nick of time, who with a flick of his wand had stopped the disintegrating of Azalea's wand. The elven powers, even if they couldn't break Azalea's wand, had still crushed her to death in vengeance on their master's behalf. Narcissa's father, Orion Black seeing his long standing business deal disintegrating before his very eyes had immediately pounced on the fact that Lucius loved Narcissa. Her father had given Lucius an ultimatum - either Lucius would marry Narcissa today, or Narcissa would get engaged today to Vincent Crabbe.

Narcissa shuddered at the thought . Vincent Crabbe had been her classmate at Hogwarts, and he was so dim, that all the professors at Hogwarts had long since given up the hope that he would ever learn anything. His father's deep coffers were what had kept him for seven years at Hogwarts. 

Narcissa suspected he didn't even know how to read.

With his eldest daughter bringing in the Malfoy money, Orion Black had been eyeing the Crabbe money to fuel his illegal dark creatures import business. Narcissa had been next in line to be sold as meat to the Crabbe's . As soon as Lucius agreed to marry Narcissa the same day, Andromeda was asked to take Narcissa's intended, and get engaged to the Crabbe heir. Obviously, Orion Black didn't care which of his daughter married whom, as long as he got his galleons, thought Naricissa with a sneer.

Andy had paled and hearing that she was to get engaged to Vincent Crabbe. Throwing her sister one fearful look , which had made Narcissa hate her father even more, Andy disapparated along with her servita - hokey, and no one had seen her since.

Of all the grievances Narcissa had with her parents, this was probably the biggest. Her beloved sister Andy could not attend her wedding. Narcissa would never forgive the Blacks for this.

That Sirius Black was cavorting around her house, thinking no one would find out, angered her even more. She was about to call out Lord Potter when the Lady Potter let out a grunt of pain. Lord Potter lunged at his lady and tore a chain off her neck. Narcissa could see very well that the chain that had burned Lily potter, and now was scalding James Potter's hand. Despite the fact that James ,Lily , and Sirius were attending their wedding under false pretences, Narcissa felt her respect for James Potter grow. He had reacted instinctively to protect his wife , Narcissa could smell the locket scalding his palm, but he didn't let go. The locket was straining to get back to Lily Potter's neck, but James was not about to let go, and by the fumes coming from his wrist, Narcissa could make out that James's watch was burning him too.
-------x------
Lily potter was staring horrified at the scene before her. Her linking charm had backfired badly. Something dreadful was happening to Frank, and because his watch glass was linked to all of their life forces, all of them were in mortal peril. Lily was desperately trying to unlink the objects, however the sight of her husbands scalding flesh was very distracting. If she couldn't do this in time, James's sure was going to die.
Lily was distracted by a warm splash of something, she looked down and saw her husband convulsing on the floor and herself drenched with blood. She gazed transfixed at the red  blood pulsating out of the vein on James hand that he wore the wrist watch on. The watch had eaten away flesh and hit a vessel. Lily felt her lunch coming upto her mouth. It wasn't that she hadn't seen blood before, but Lily never thought she would see the day her husband bled to death, as she looked on helplessly.