Chapter 3 - Tragedy at the Black's

"How DARE you touch her!!!" shouted Lucius.

Andy picked up her voluminous skirts and rushed to the drawing room. She saw the mayhem there and sucked in her breath. Lucius and Accurcius were locked in a deadly battle!! 

There was a maniacal glint in Lucius's eyes. Magic was crackling like electricity around him, his platinum blonde hair flying in all directions due to static.From what Andy could make out of the snatches of conversation being exchanged was that  Lucius had caught Accurcius trifling with some lady in the groom's chamber. At that moment, Andy was grateful to Lucius, he was probably the only Malfoy, who was willing to defend her honour. However, her to-be husband hitting on some random girl on the day of his wedding didn't seem to bother Andy as much as it did Lucius. Andy had since long resigned herself that her husband was a playboy and would continue to be one even after they got married. Whatever Andy's expectations of marriage were, fidelity sure wasn't one of them.

"whamunmbe" replied Accurcius.It sounded like he was incoherent with panic.  Lucius was angry and everyone here knew Lucius had a lot to avenge. Andy smirked to herself; apparently, it took very little to reduce her to be husband to squealing like a little girl. Her marriage had just got infinitely more interesting. A thousand new ways of torturing Accurcius after they were married sprung up in Andy's mind. And now that she knew Lucius would help her if she asked him, Andy knew she would probably succeed. Andy thought her mother would truly be appalled if she found out what was going on in Andy's head at that time. It was not Ladylike, and it was certainly not nice  - Andy would have her revenge! Outwardly, she was as calm as before, as she looked on the brothers battling in her parents drawing room.

Calling it a battle would have been wrong as Lucius was doing all the spell casting and Accurcius was ducking and displaying each and every dastardly quality Andy had suspected him of having. Andy had never seen Lucius lose his calm like this. In wizarding society, it was considered very disgraceful to duck and show your back to your opponent. Accurcius was doing both trying to get away for his brother's ferocious assault. Looking past the scene of action Andy spotted her parents watching worriedly. After all not every day you saw a Malfoy heir running around with jelly legs on his wedding day.

 Suddenly there was a loud crack and two people apparated into the hall.Rather Azalea Malfoy apparated dragging Cissa Black with her. A very dishevelled and bloodied Narcissa Black.

Andy gaped at Cissa. Cissa's eyes were red, and it looked like she had been crying. Her beautiful green ball gown was hanging in tatters around her shoulders. Andy pieced two and two together- Cissa was the 'Lady' that had been the unfortunate centre of Accurcius's affections in the morning. Judging by the state Cissa was in - it was not consensual. Andy's stomach dropped. Accurcius had hit rock bottom. Now she understood why Lucius was so enraged.A small part of her felt sad that it wasn't on her behalf that Lucius stood up to his brother.Andy stamped down that thought as soon as it had reared - Lucius and Cissa had already done a lot for her - no one could expect more. Andy didn't even realise until she realised she was standing with her wand pointed at Accurcius.

It all happened in one moment. Lucius turned to look at Cissa - as only Andy knew he would because she was the only one who knew about them - Accurcius Malfoy saw his chance and cast the killing curse. Being the only one with her wand at the ready, Andy quickly cast a spell to protect Lucius. All eyes followed the path of the green light that would surely be Lucius's end. At the last moment the vase Andy was levitating finally reached Lucius and broke into a million pieces due to the effect of the killing curse. She suddenly felt 6 pairs of eyes on her. Two were surprised and the rest were baffled. There was a sudden yell "EXPELLIARMUS", and Andy felt her wand flying away from her. For a moment she was shocked that Accurcius being the sub-par wizard that he was had managed to disarm her. She saw her wand flying away, and she felt a thrill of fear when she saw whose hand it landed into - Azalea Malfoy.