Vitamin

By the time Mason managed to calm me down and I finally stopped crying, school was already halfway through first hour.

Much to my dismay, Mason convinced me to just wait in his car with him till second hour as he didn't feel like explaining to our teacher why we were half an hour late to class.

So as Mason kissed me goodbye and we went our separate ways, I felt a little bit better about our situation. Maybe we could actually make this long distance thing work.

"Hey, hot stuff. You're looking a little ill, must be suffering from a lack of vitamin ME." I cringe at the sound of Ethan's voice and even more so at his awful pick up line.

I ignored his corny one-liner as I made my way to my seat, quickly growing uncomfortable when his gaze becomes focused solely on me.

[Ethan's POV]

I admired Aria as she stepped foot into the room. I knew she probably hated me. No, she totally hated me. I open my mouth to speak hating myself right after as the most embarrassing pickup line escapes my lips. I prepare myself for her rude remark or cold glare, but instead, she ignores me completely and sits in her seat.

Ouch. I expected an eye roll at least.

Choosing not to say anything and deciding I don't want to face Mason again considering my lip and jaw were still healing, I take my seat next to her. Don't get me wrong, Edwards didn't frighten me in the least, I could kick his ass in a matter of seconds if I were sober.

My gaze settled on the girl next to me. Thank God this was my permanent seat. I couldn't help but stare at her luminous, wandering eyes as they sparkled in the light of the room. She turned towards me, and I looked away, as I suddenly felt embarrassed.

The bell rang and I snapped out of my thoughts. What was happening to me?

[Aria's POV]

I zoned out of the lesson as Mr. Henderson began his lecture on the environment and how us "kids" are destroying it. Fortunately, he was so busy listing examples of modern day pollution that he didn't notice me clearly not paying attention. I turned to Ethan who was fast asleep with earbuds in his ears. You could hear faint snores coming from his mouth, but they weren't loud enough for the teacher to hear.

I stared up at the clock, counting down the last 10 minutes of class. Finally, the noise sounded throughout the room and the students rushed out.

"Hey," Mason greets as I walk through the door and into the now crowded hallway. Ethan walks out and I don't fail to notice the glare Mason shoots his way.

"Did he say anything to you?" Mason asks angrily as he searches my face.

"No," I lie. I didn't feel it was necessary to mention Ethan's attempt at a pick up line because it wasn't that big of a deal and would only get Mase all riled up for nothing.

"Come on, let's get to class." I lace my fingers through his reassuringly and he instantly relaxes as we make our way to third hour.

_____________

By the time lunch came around I was starving.

We all sit at our table laughing our asses off at some story Alex told.

Mase's arm was wrapped around my waist as my head rested on his shoulder.

"So," Alex starts. "I propose we have one more road trip as a group before Mase goes off to New York."

Everyone begins to shout out names of destinations and activities. Mason turns to me with a grin on his face, and an idea instantly erupts from my mouth.

"How about Cabo?" I speak up. Everyone agreeing excitedly as they begin to talk about the beach.

We check our calendars, seeing the dates and deciding we'll excuse ourselves from school for the time of the trip.

We all agree to leave on Mason's last week. The lunch bell rings dismissing us from the school. I follow Mason to his Jeep and we make our way home.

_____________

After hunting for 2 hours, we had finally managed to find a nice hotel to stay in for the trip.

It wasn't too expensive which was good considering we were high school students and only had the money we made off of our part time jobs.

Mason was checking with Alex, Matt, and his mom while I called the girls. He steps back into the room with his phone in his hand and a grin on his face.

"I guess we're going to Mexico."

_____________

My eyes shoot open as I'm startled awake by my alarm, my eyebrows instantly furrowing in confusion. I was in my bed and I didn't remember how I got in it, then I remembered Mason. I yawn stretching out my arms and rubbing my tired eyes.

I hop into the shower and sigh as the warm water trickled down my face and back. All this stress with school and Mason moving was really getting to me.

I walked back into my room, a towel wrapped tightly around my body. After putting on a pair of underwear and a bra, I walk to my closet. My outfit was simple, only consisting of a black thrasher shirt, some light wash jeans with rips on the knees, and a pair of black vans.

I make it downstairs and into the kitchen where Mason sits at the island conversing with my mother.

I cough as their eyes flicker up at me in acknowledgment.

"Ar, I was just telling your mom about the trip we're planning," he smiled cheerily.

My eyes move to my mother who had a smile on her face as well.

"I think it's a great idea," she conformed. "As long as you have enough to cover the cost of the trip and you're safe and responsible down there."

"Thank you mom." I hug her. Mason hugs her goodbye as well before we make our way to school.

_____________

I shut the door of Mase's car as he walks around and wraps his arm around my shoulders. We walk towards the door together and make our way to our lockers.

As we speak to our circle of friends inside the classroom, Mason tenses up, and I follow his intense glare only to see Ethan standing at the teacher's desk.

Ethan looks around the room, his eyes meeting mine for a split second until they switch to Mason. He also tenses up and returns the glare. Mason begins to approach him before I hold him back and turn his face to mine.

"Mason, don't," I put my hand on his chest.

He struggles but ends up looking at me, his gaze softening, nonetheless, he turns to Ethan again with a smirk on his face. He suddenly pulls me towards him and kisses me hard making our friends whistle and snicker before I pull away out of breath. Mason held a victorious grin on his face while Ethan looked at the two of us with a neutral stare. Soon after, he walked out of the room leaving me with a proud looking Mason.

Class dragged on and I walked to the girls locker room for PE.

I hear what I believe are moans coming from the stairwell beside me. I turn to see a girl pushed against a wall as a guy kisses up her neck.

She continues the sounds as he moves to her jawline. I begin to walk away only to bump into the wall making my presence known. The girl paid no attention to me but the guy glanced around the area until his eyes met mine making them widen as Ethan smirks at me before continuing to kiss the girl.

I quickly grow embarrassed and I don't think twice before speed walking to the locker room, my face already red as a tomato.