"Don't worry I'm okay." I said but in reality dread was settling in the pits of my stomach like a lead ball.

I could feel the emotions clogging up in head. I still could not believe that I lost him. He was like my brother and I failed to protect him.

William showed us towards the room in which he was kept. Each step felt difficult and slower than the last one as we finally reached there.

William opened the door and I took in a deep breath to calm myself down but I couldn't, "Elisa..." Alec started but I shook my head vigorously. I have to do this!

I went near the open casket with small steps and gasped when I saw his body. His beautiful baby blue eyes were closed as his chest held an icy rose that I didn't bother pay any attention. My gaze was transfixed on his ashen face.

"I'm so sorry Adam. I'm so so sorry." I said as tears finally fell out of my eyes. I held his hand in my shaking one.

"Please give me a minute." I said to both of them with pleading look. They both nodded their head and went outside.

"Just give me a call and I'll be right here." Alec said as he left me alone in the room.

As they left, I looked back at Adam, "I'm so sorry Adam. I should've tried to find out more about your messeages. I did find it weird at first but I brushed it off and look! The cost of it was your life. I'll never forgive myself Adam. Never. It was all my fault." I said bawling my eyes off.

I wish that I could bring him back. I wish I could beg my father to return him back but it was too late. I have lost him forever.

"I'll always remember you Adam. I'm so sorry. Rest in Peace." I said as I kissed his hand and left the room.

It hurts. It hurts so much to lose someone that was always there for you. Life is so unpredictable, we have a person so close to us thinking that they'll forever reside by our side but in a moment they can be taken away from us forever and you still keep wondering if they're truly gone.

I reached the hall and my eyes only sought for one person who was already making his way towards me.

I ran into his arms, "It hurts Alec. It hurts so much. Please stop the pain." I cried on his chest as he wrapped me close to his body.

"Please heal it like he used to." I cried.

"I'm gone not for 10 days and you already need my healing?"

I gasped and turned around not believing my ears.

"Adam?" We both whispered at the same time.

Am I dreaming? Or is it his ghost?

"In flesh and blood." He said outstreching his arms.

"But just now you were..." I said my mind trying to make sense of what was happening.

"Well I just woke up a moment ago and heard your voice." He said smiling his sweet smile at me.

"You're really here."

"Yes, I am."

"Not as a ghost or anything?" I asked again.

"As a vampire." He said and that when it hit me.

He was alive!

Adam was alive!

I ran in his outstreched arms, "You son of a b**ch, couldn't you wake up earlier? I thought I had lost my brother forever." I said crying on his shoulder.

"Believe me I wanted to but I couldn't until yesterday." He said as he pulled back.

"I think you should keep a little distance Elisa. I need blood and yours smell enchanting." He said and that's when I noticed his strained neck and red eyes.