Ahn Hyungseob - Devil

Her

"Look at these, I mean, honey, tell your boyfriend that these are just too much."

"Mom, I don't even have a boyfriend." Again? I thought.

I took a look at the luxurious bags and expensive clothes that were scattered on the floor in my house.

Dear my pretty doll,

I hope you like them.

p.s. I think I bought too little

XOXO,

The Devil

The Devil. That guy from my dreams. Almost hundreds of letters from him were stacked on my desk. My Mom didn't know about the letters, I bet she'll call the police if she ever finds out. My friends said that I should be afraid of this guy, but strangely I don't.

"Next month will be your brother's first death anniversary." My Mom sighed and rubbed his head, sitting down. I approached and hugged her tightly.

"I'm sorry I couldn't remember, Mom."

"No, honey, it's okay. You've gone so much because of that accident. You're my strong daughter." She said hugging me back.

Yes, I have amnesia. A year ago, I was on a car crash with my brother. Sadly, he didn't make it. I fell into a comma for a month, but when I woke up, I couldn't remember anything about him, even his face. Mom tried to find his photos, but they weren't there, so I gave up remembering.

It was already night when I'd finished unpacking all the gifts from the stranger. After I squeezed them in into my closet– it is full of his gifts, I collapsed on the bed and sighed. Unconsciously, my eyes started to drooped themselves. Only a faint whisper rang my ears before I fully dozed off.

See you soon

I smiled a little at that. It's him again. The Devil, but not like I saw him or anything, I just know.

Lights.

Why is it so loud?

What's this smell? Popcorn?

Am I in the carnival? I thought as I tried to adjust to the blinding lights.

"Yes, my pretty doll, you are in a carnival."

A man said, suddenly tapped my back. He wore this nobleman-like suit with a top hat, all in black looking as magical as he could be.

Him

"Yes, my pretty doll, you are in a carnival." I bowed to her gentleman-likely.

"Are you the Devil?" She asked with her curious eyes.

"I am indeed, and the Devil actually has a name. Hyungseob at your service, Madame." I kissed her palm.

My precious doll giggled lightly as I did. Oh, how I miss her.

"Shall we look around, doll?"

"Of course." She said, connecting our hands together.

She must've been nervous, this is actually the first time she'd ever seen me.

"Nervous?" She jumped a little bit, startled when I suddenly spoke. She nodded her head shyly as the response.

"I mean, you gave me a lot of gifts and all and I haven't gotten you anything, it's kind of a burden."

"You, here with me, is the most precious gift anybody could ever give me." I laughed when her cheeks flared up in embarrassment. My hands unconsciously engulfed her tiny body and she hide her face in my chest. She looks cute in her pajamas, I thought.

"You are very precious to me, you know."

"Really? Why?"

"Just because. Let's get going, doll."

"Wow there's so many people in here. What time is it now?"

"There's no such thing as time in here. We are all just here, living in the moment. No one will come or go, it will be just like this all the time. No getting old, no sadness. I made this just for you, because I know you've liked carnivals since you're a baby."

"How did you know?"

"I have my ways." I smiled at her.

"Oh, can I asked you a question?"

"Anything for you."

"Are you really the Devil?"

"Hmm, good question. I wasn't but I am now. There's just a fateful day about a year ago I think, when I met the previous Devil. He said he was dying and all and I made a deal with him and now I am the real Devil. Quite funny, right?"

"The Devil can actually got sick?" I nodded. We talked and walked for awhile, grabbed some snacks along the way and I could really feel that she liked it in here.

"I wish I could stay here forever." Jackpot.

"Well honestly saying, you could." I smirked.

"Really? But how?" My doll looked at me with her big doe eyes.

"You just need to make a deal with the Devil, alias me."

Doll looked hesitant. "There's nothing to be afraid of, pretty. I'll be here with you forever. I'll never let you go." Not again.

"Okay, I want to be here forever with you, but what do you want for exchange?"

"I want you. I want every part of you. Your mind, your body, your soul. I want you to give it to me. And I'll treat you like the precious doll you are. I just need you."

"Deal." She smiled.

"Seal it with a kiss?" I circled my arms around her waist and lower my face to hers

"Of course, Mr. Devil." She reached for my lips and pecked it lightly.

"Deal." I smirked.

________________________________

"Welcome, my child."

"Where am I?"

"Your home for probably the next zillion years."

"Okay?"

"I have a good offer for you. I'm sure you'll like it. I am old and tired now, I want you to be my successor. Would you do that for me, son?"

"In exchange of what?"

"Your sister's memories, I'll take them. She'll never remember you, which is a good thing right? I know how much you love her, well, more than mere a sister, I should say."

"What if she doesn't love me?"

"My son, you are the next Devil. You are cunning, smart, and charming. Well what can I say? I didn't choose you for zero reason. She'll be in your grasp in a minute. How's that?"

"Deal."