Growing Up

AMARI

"Amari come here please" My dad called

"Coming just give me a minute" I called back. I stopped what I was doing and ran down stairs.

"Yes?" I asked

"Can you help me plan something?" He asked me.

"Ok but, what are we planning?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"I just want to take your mom out" He said smiling widely

My father loves my mother with everything in him. It was love at first sight and I pray for a love like this. He'd walk on glass while he's bare foot if she told him to.

"What does that have to do with me?" I groan throwing my head back dramatically.

"You hang around your mother a lot so, I was wondering if you'd know something she's been wanting to do" He said casually.

I sat there thinking of the past events we've done since she came back from a mini tour. She did say she wanted to go to that new Italian restaurant down the road.

"She wants to go to that new Italian restaurant" I said emphasizing new.

"Really?" He asked as his eyebrow quirked up.

"Yep, she hasn't stopped talking about it" I sigh remembering her face when she found out about the restaurant.

•••
"Amari look! They finally finished it ugh it smells so good!" She said as we took our stroll on the small plaza.

"It does smell good maybe we can go this weekend" She smiled widely just thinking about it.

"Hopefully your dad's off work by then it'd be nice to get out and relax." I smiled admiring my mother's smile.

•••

"Thank you very much darling" He said kissing my forehead walking back into the entertainment room.

"No problem dad" I said & went back upstairs.

-A few minutes later-

I was going out with some old friends tonight and I was truly excited because I hadn't been able to in a while. I put on my oversized sweater with my black leggings and Uggs. I looked in the mirror fixing my hair and smiling as I finished applying my lipgloss and mascara.

"Well, well, well where are you going missy?" My fathers voice echoing voice said.

"Out with my friends remember?, why?" I asked him

"Just wondering but what's with the gloss and" He said trailing off

"Well I want to feel pretty" I said casually.

"I'm not having it, come here" He said & wiped it off with a wet paper towel.

"Ugh dad! No!" I wailed at him as I tried to swat his hand away.

"Ah ah ah no means no Amari" He said walking out.

"Mom! Dad's bothering me!" I yelled to her. He does this every time.

"What is it?" She said walking into my room looking annoyed already.

"Dad won't let me wear my makeup!" I whined.

"Well you do get natural beauty from your parents" She said wiping off the eyeliner. I sucked my teeth as my dad stuck his tongue out at me.

"Moooom no please I'm going out" I pleaded.