two; text messages

"we often don't realize what we've done until the storm clears and we are left to clean up our mess."

~

     LILY was pissed. When Lucy woke up, she completely lost it.

     "You left me at that party by myself, and now I have that stupid idiot, Loke, ringing my phone off the fucking hook!"

     Lucy gulped and offered a shaky smile. She wrung her hands nervously and avoided looking into the glaring eyes that were piercing her face. "I'm--I'm sorry, really! I didn't mean to leave you there, I just--I thought you needed to enjoy yourself a bit."

     Lily breathed out the anger and tried to control her tongue from spilling out all the things she desperately wanted to say, but would regret them later.

     "Look," Lily started with a point of her finger. "I get you were only looking out for me, but please, don't ever do that again. I'm not the partying type and if I'm in the need of a man, I'll be sure to tell you, okay?"

     Lucy smiled and lost all of her previous nervousness. She grasped her hands together and bounced on her heels. "Got it!"

     Lily managed a small smile in return and rubbed her forehead. It was mid-afternoon and she was still exhausted but, her hunger had proved to be more important than her need for sleep. "Wanna order takeout?" Lily suggested. She wasn't in the mood to cook, and she doubted Lucy was either.

     Lucy sighed in relief and nodded. "I'm literally good with anything," She groaned. "I'm too tired and warm to even think about cooking or buying anything in that godawful cafeteria." She scrunched her face in disgust.

     Lily chuckled and flipped through the numbers on her notepad. "Chinese?" She shrugged. Lucy's eyes brightened and she grinned. Lily quickly dialed the number and ordered while she tried to shake the orange haired man out of her thoughts.

     Lily glanced over at the sleeping blonde and rubbed her eyes. After they ate, Lucy was quick in dozing off on the couch beside her. Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, was still playing in the background. As quietly as she could, Lily draped a blanket over her snoring roommate.

     As Lily made her way into their shared bedroom, she shut the door behind her and turned off the lights. A migrane pulsed behind her eyes and all she wanted to do was sleep.

     Her phone buzzed in her hand once again; Loke's name appearing on her screen.

     She growled and tossed her phone onto her bed as she dove under the covers. Half the night was a blur; she remembered drinking a bit of the punch to get Loke out of her mind, but she always remembers somehow ending up on the dance floor with him.

     Somehow, the lion managed to sneakily grab her phone and add his number. She doesn't remember anything else before waking up in her dorm. Fully clothed, at least.

     Lily snapped as her phone buzzed again and angrily opened the hundreds of text messages from Loke.

Loke: r u ignoring me? :'c

     She decided to answer the annoyance in hopes that if she did, he'd leave her be. Boy, how wrong was she.

Lily: is it that noticeable? c:

Loke: now that's just rude.

Lily: rude is continuing to spam my phone after I've been ignoring you for hours ??

Loke: obviously it worked if you finally answered. ;^) I wanted to talk to the beauty who's been stuck in my mind all night.

     Lily couldn't help but feel her cheeks turn pink. She shook her head to get rid of the feeling, not liking how her heart sped up at the thought of the piercing eyes that stared almost... hungrily at her.

Lily: it's because you've been annoying me all day and gave me a migrane. Now that I answered, leave me be.

Loke: I'm sorry if you have a migrane, Princess, buuut I'm not gunna stop until you agree to go on a date with me tomorrow. ;)

     Lily stared at the text message in shock as her mouth flew open. What the hell did she get herself into with this guy?

     As if to remind her, the pounding behind her eyes throbbed and made her shut her eyes tightly. She desperately wanted to lay down, but knew he wouldn't leave her be until she agreed.

     "It's just one date," She murmured to herself. "No harm done. I'll leave right after and never see him again." She nodded in determination and picked up her phone.

Lily: fine.

     Lily flew back on her bed and closed her eyes. As she snuggled into her covers, she placed a hand over her chest to calm her rabidly beating heart. 

     Her phone blinked to life as she started dozing off in the dark room.

Loke: see you at seven, Princess. ;)