Chapter 9: Alibi

Jonas and I made it back to my house and immediately got out the whiteboard.

"Ok, what do we know about Sophie?" I asked.

"Obviously, her mom is a nurse."

"Right," as I wrote Sophie and then wrote mom is nurse beneath it.

"We also know that she'd have a motive to kill Chase since he pretty much told her off at prom."

"Great, we're finally getting somewhere," I said, as I wrote passionate motive on the board.

"But how are we going to know for sure?" Jonas asked.

"We need to show that she was in the right place at the right time."

I thought for a moment, and then it hit me.

"Hey! My dad's tech team is going through all the prom videos, so maybe we can ask if they can hone in on Sophie."

"That's perfect! It's solid evidence!"

"I'll text him now to find out what he can do."

Me: Hey, Dad! Me and Jonas found some new info on Sophie. Do u think ur team could focus on her in the security footage?

My phone instantly dinged with a reply.

Dad: We've been looking through all the video footage, and we don't see anything suspicious going on. We may investigate the food team a bit more, but I'm not sure we'll find anything. I'm sorry, kiddo.

I looked up from my screen towards Jonas.

"I guess Sophie and almost everyone else at prom has an alibi." I lay down my phone next to me on the bed and take in a shaky breath.

"Are we ever going to find out who did this? It's like we're going in circles."

Jonas sits down on the bed next to me and wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"We'll figure this out, Johanna. I promise."

A/N: Hey, everyone! Yeah, I know that this update is short, but I wanted to at least post something until the next part which I hope will be up much sooner :) Thanks for all the support! Till next time,

-shalom900