The nerd reveals the truth

Start from the beginning

Xiumin frowns, "I know about him but I've never spoken to him. He's the human kid that gets bullied right?"

"Yeah but-"

"We aren't sure if he's really human", I interrupt Yoongi mid sentence.

Xiumin's frown deepens, "You believe the rumors? Aren't you his boyfriend?"

A small blush creeps up on my cheeks but I ignore it," Sort of- Doesn't matter. Did you hear about him falling down from the roof?"

"Yeah but Jimin saved him right?", Xiumin asks, probably confused what this is actually about.

"No one saved him", I shake my head, seeing Xiumin's eyes widen, "I saw him hit the ground right in front of me. He got up like it was nothing, he had only some bruises but he wasn't bleeding or had broken anything".

"That's impossible...", Xiumin mumbles, grabbing his book back.

"We also noticed his heart sometimes stops beating", Hoseok says when Xiumin starts flipping pages.

"He isn't aware of it and when I pointed it out he got mad at me", I add seeing Xiumin getting more stressed. He stops at a certain page and quickly reads the Latin text.

"There are rumors about him killing people right?", Xiumin asks, his finger gliding over the letters.

"Yeah, his parents died in a car crash and he was in it but wasn't injured. His best friend died from falling off the stairs, that's what he told me, but Jackson told me Taehyung had stabbed him and cut him into pieces", I explain, getting more nervous by the second.

Xiumin holds up his book and turns it to us. He points at the black figure drawn on the page.

"Ever heard of a Kiané?", he asks and sees us all shake our heads

"Ever heard of a Kiané?", he asks and sees us all shake our heads. Sighing he drops the book but his fingers glides to another picture on another pages.

"This is a Nogitsune", explains, "Nogitsunes are Japanese demons in the form of foxes that are summoned for death

"This is a Nogitsune", explains, "Nogitsunes are Japanese demons in the form of foxes that are summoned for death. They take over someone and basically live off pain and destruction. They're a pain in the ass and very hard to get rid of".

"I've heard of that before", Hoseok nods.

"But was does that have to do with Taehyung?", I ask confused.

"Well a Kiané is similar to a Nogitsune only ten times worse", Xiumin flips back to the first page he showed us, "It takes over people in their weakened state and makes them do things, horrible things just for fun. A Kiané will let the human be conscious when they kill someone so they see the person dying by their own hands. Kianés love letting people suffer psychologically. They don't live off other's pain but the pain of the person they're owning, slowly eating away on their emotions and feelings until they're only a shell".

"Are you trying to tell us that thing is inside of Taehyung?", I croak out, eyes stuck on the horrible sketch. It gives me the creeps.

Everyone is silent and Xiumin sighs once he sees our terrified gazes.

"I'm only assuming things at this point but everything you said kinda fit in the picture", he explains, "You said Taehyung was in a car crash right?"

I nod.

"Well I think he was badly injured, on the edge of death, which was a perfect opportunity for a Kiané to slip in. The Kiané wants its host to be in perfect shape so healed him which could explain why he was only slightly injured when the paramedics found him and his parents".

He takes a deep breath when he notices we're not replying.

"Hansol was his only friend and the Kiané came to know of that. He made Taehyung kill him with his own hands in a terrible way. Taehyung is aware he killed his best friend but doesn't know why he did it so tells others it was an accident, trying to push it into his subconscious but the Kiané doesn't allow it".

"So that's why he has tried killing himself multiple times but it never worked. The Kiané is keeping him alive for his own needs", I'm able to say, the words tumbling in my head.

"Yes, the stopping of heart beats is also a warning a Kiané is hiding inside his body. Taehyung has been living with that Kiané for years and he suffered a lot of emotional pain which the demons feeds off".

"So he isn't dead like we first thought he was", Yoongi mumbles, quickly catching my gaze.

Xiumin clears his throat, a serious expression on his face.

"No, he isn't dead... But we need to act quick", he explains.

"Why?"

"The frequently stopping of his heart means the Kiané is slowly winning".

"What do you mean?", I say in a small voice, scared of what he's going to say.

"He's dying Jungkook".

❄️

(josh) Dun dun DUUUUUUN
If you decide to google Kiané to look up information don't bother. The creature doesn't exist and I came up with its name and what it does. I did not draw the pictures tho (the best i can draw is stick figures)

Hope you liked the chapter!