6 - Happy, Yet Nervous

Start from the beginning

Fucking asshole. Here I thought I was worse.

"Andrew has other things in mind" Maria teased with a smirk, I scoff and look away from her out to the lake with a blush forming my cheeks; my sister knows me too well. "Not happing buddy" Andre laughed nudging my shoulder; I push him and Maria stood up slapping my head. I tsk as Andre grins and stick out his tongue like a little kid teasing another; I roll my eyes as Maria plops down onto Andre's lap as he hugs her tight. "Thanks Mary-Berry" 

That use to be Tia and I hugging

"Oh leave him alone, the boy is still in love" Diana teases, I sigh and fall back on to the sand putting my arms over my eyes blocking out the sun and sky. "You have no idea" I mutter.

"When is Tia coming home?" I ask, not bothering to hide the curiosity and excitement in my voice; I shoot up from the ground and eye Maria and Andre. Of course they will know more about her visit but they don't bother to tell me anything lately, especially anything about Tia and that really annoyed me. But I already know the answer to all the questions, considering the amount of snooping and investigating I have been doing, I even know where she lives now. But no one had to know that.

"31st of July" Maria and Andre say in sync; they smile at each other as Maria places a peck on Andre's lips. I cringe at the sight and loo out to the horizon nodding my head. 

Suddenly a phone rang and my hands instantly searched for my legs.

"Hello?" Andre answered. "Oh hey Tia"

My head snaps towards him and he smirks at me, he put his phone to speaker and I nod in satisfaction preparing to ease drop on their conversation; Maria only rolled her eyes. 

"Hey Andre, what you doing?" Tia asked, my smile spreads across my face and I plop down next to them.

"Nothing much, just enjoying the sun"

"Hey Bitch" Maria yells with a smile, the girls soon huddle around Andre and Maria. "Ewe, it's you. Hey girlies. Where's my brother" Tia laughs. 

"You know what, I would but he is a little busy" she grins making Liv and Diana, including Andre snicker. I can almost see the disgust on Tia's face but she laughs either way. "With what?"

"With me" Maria laughs. Tia makes a gaging noise and I laugh.

"I called to let you know that I'm coming a little later than I planned" Tia said, her voice sounds dejected even regretful, my heart melted knowing that I couldn't be there to comfort her or make her happy like I use to. "uhm also-" Tia continued but stopped in mid-sentence as if she were finding the right word to continue, I gulped knowing what she might say. One of the many reasons why my friends decided to take this road trip is for me to find a way to relax on a holiday, to take a break from the military and to celebrate my 21st birthday which was a few days after Tia's. 

Tia doesn't know that I'm back from the military but she doesn't know that I left either; She made me swear not go, not to do anything stupid. But I didn't promise anything; Maria told her and she left to the other side of the city and I haven't seen her since. But that didn't stop me from keeping her protected from Alexander. People know me and I know people. There are a lot of people that I put to watch out for Tia in secret; I couldn't let her go that easy.

"What is it Tia?" Liv asked. Tia lets out a shaky sigh put covers it up with a nervous laugh.

"- Tell. Tell Andrew that I said Happy Birthday" My breath hitched and I look at the phone as if I wanted to hug it; All heads turn to me and I look away shamelessly. I wanted to say something but I couldn't. Maria nudged my shoulder snapping out of my thoughts. "Say thank you" I shake my head and look away.

She groans and takes the phone and shoves it to my face. "Andrew say thank you" she said loud enough, my stomach fell into a pit of nervousness and I shake head rapidly. Maria squints her hazel eyes shooting me an evil glare "say thank you Andrew" she says again through her gritted teeth, making me flinch. Jeez. I take the phone out her hand and mirror her action with a glare. Staring down at the phone I look at Tia's picture where she is smiling brightly at the screen with her brother by her side. 

I close my eyes and block out the wanted memories and the evil voices in my head that were pulling me back to say a word. I take a breath. "Thank You Princess". I know that when I call her Princess is when I really needed her the most, when I was truly sorry for anything I have done. I remember when I did call her Princess she would blush, looking away from me to hide her forgiveness; only then would she forgive me and we would make emends. Now, I'm not so sure.

I hear her take a sharp breath and I instantly regret saying a word, there was a soft thud and swoosh; I smile knowing she laid on her bed. I can imagine her hanging of the bed her hair spread on the soft carpet in her room as her feet resting on wall as she reads her book upside down; how she did that I never knew but it always made me laugh.

"GodImissyou" I hear her mutter quickly. A wide smile spread on my face and a laugh escapes my throat . I fall back onto the grass; putting my arms across my face, as I imagine her in person.

I guess that answers one of my wonders. I know that she wasn't meant to say it out loud judging by her voice and how quickly she had said it, she wasn't thinking. It only made me happier because then I would know what was on her mind. "I miss you too babe, so much"

A beat past when I hear her jolt up. "Wh-Shit. I- I wasn't m-meant to say that outl-loud" Tia stutters. I chuckle and rub my face feeling the giddiness suffocate my body. I can almost see her blush and I remember I would always kiss her after I see my beloved shade of pink that takes over her cheeks. God I love her. 

"It's okay Princess" I say breathlessly. "I'll just pretend that you mean it" I tease, unable to help myself. Tia laughed softly and I can imagine her covering her face like she did. "Stop it Tia" I say my voice deeper than it should be. I shake my head. "Stop what?" Tia asked.

"Whatever you are doing, stop. It's been two years and you're already driving me crazy"

"Don't say that Andrew"

"I mean it Babe" Tia sniffs and sighs in frustration I was eager to say something more, to keep her talking, keep her voice talking; I wanted to know how her day was, how her classes are going, what she has been doing for the past two years. 

But I knew better, I knew she didn't want to talk.

"I have to go" Tia said softly. I sigh and shake my head rubbing my face once again.
"I'll see you real soon Babe"

Call me Baby. 

"Bye Andrew" Tia says softly, I sigh and shut my eyes tightly, gripping on to the phone as if she was going to slip away, but either way once she hangs up she's gone. 

"Bye"

***

Author's Note:

Thanks to Maria, Andrew and Tia actually spoke for the first time in two years (WOW)
How did you like this chapter? A little sad for me 

When was the last time you were so happy, or so nervous?

Would you like me to put up a cast list as an idea what the characters look like?