Chapter 17

Kate's POV

I woke up the next morning just the same as how we were before I fell asleep. I curled in closer to Jake & squeezed his hand that I was still holding onto. I heard him groan & so decided to look up at the clock,seeing that it was almost six-thirty in the morning. I slowly scooted away from him, careful to not wake him up.

I managed to get halfway out of his grasp when I felt him pull me back towards him. I stifled a chuckle. I always read about this happening to the girls in romance novels but it never happened to me before, well until just now. I slowly started pulling away from him once again once I heard his small snore pick up again. Once again when I was close to being 'free' I felt him pull me back towards.

At this point I was about to give up & stay in bed with him until a thought occurred to me, I would simply wake him up by kissing him & calling his name. I gradually scooted away from his grasp but this time just enough room to turn around & face his baby-like face.

Every feature of his face was smoothed out & free of worry or fierceness. I could get used to waking up this way everyday, I thought to myself. I released his grasp from my hand before wrapping my arm halfway around his body before lifting my hand to his face & tracing his face with my finger. I leaned over & kissed his nose before moving to his lips.

I watched as he muttered something in his sleep as his face scrunched up. I kissed his lips once again to get him awake. I traced between his eyebrows, where it was creased, to smooth out his features once more.

"Jake." I whispered in his ear.

"Hmm." Was all I got out of him.

I rolled my eyes at that attempt & kissed his nose as I previously done. I still didn't get a response from him so I gently rolled him onto his back & climbed on top of him, careful of where my weight was being distributed. I leaned over on him & kiss his lips & lead down to his neck . I keep doing this continuously before I feel something pop up in between my legs & look down to see his member sure waking up.

I look at his face to see a smile spread across his face. I lean in & kiss his lips & move back to his neck , not paying attention to see if he is actually waking up. I move my lips to his ear & blow on it.

"Wake up Jake." I whisper into his ear.

I move to his lips & when he doesn't respond then I move back to his neck. Before I comprehend what just happened I am now flipped with Jake hovering over me by a few inches. My heart speeds up as I get a good look at him, he looks so hot in the morning with his bedhead & sexy smile planted on his face.

"You really shouldn't do that in the morning." He says in a husky voice as he plants a kiss once, twice, & a third time on my lips.

I savor the taste of his lips & pull him down to me for more. I really do love this boy & he is driving my hormones crazy.

"Mm Kate, are you sure you really want to do this." He murmurs against my lips as they skim over them so gently.

"Why wouldn't I want to." I gasp as he starts to suck on my neck. "You know I do have work tomorrow, I don't need a hickey."

I feel his body shake as a laugh escapes from his lips. He knows exactly what he is doing & enjoying it.

"I didn't give you a hickey, but that is payback for giving me a hard on so early in the morning." He smirks as he kisses my lips once more & jumps off of me. 

"You know you really shouldn't start something you can't finish." I reply as I sit up in bed with him laying next to me.

"Oh yeah? Says the one who started this all.." He implies.