Chapter 25: My Painted Girl

A/N Hey peoples, the song that Jovi is listenign to during this chapter is called Dead But Rising by the band Volbeat, in case you want to listen to it. Enjoy some Harvi feels :) 

“Jovi?” I called into the seemingly empty building, throwing my keys into the bowl by the door. Taking off my jacket, I flung it onto the couch lazily after stepping inside. Liam’s flat was somewhere I spent a great deal of time lately. The reason? 

Jovi. 

The beautiful redhead now officially lived with Izzy and Liam. She was amazing, and I really liked her. In fact, it scared me how much I liked her. I wasn't the type of person who doted on one girl for a long time, so this was new. It was a good sort of new, though. 

Ever since the night we'd met, something about her intrigued me. Maybe it was her eyes, the way they sparkled in the light. Maybe it was the curves of her body, how beautiful they looked beneath the tight clothing she preferred. I couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was, but I couldn't stop thinking about her. 

“In my room.” Her response echoed from down the hallway. Loud music blared into my ears, a band I’d never heard before. I walked towards the sound and popped my head in her room. The sight was quite shocking. 

Jovi stood in the centre of her room wearing nothing but an over sized tee shirt. Speakers stood beside her, about as tall as me. That wasn't the odd part, though. The part that shocked me was the walls. 

Black paint was smeared in every direction, covering the pink that was once there. The difference was shocking. Over the black was splatters of random colours such as blue, red, yellow and purple. Jovi’s arms were covered in a rainbow of colour from hand to shoulder, and her shirt was splattered. She even had paint on her legs and in her hair. On top of the speakers were bowls of the different colours, bouncing with the beat of the music. 

When she saw me standing in the doorway, she grinned that wicked yet smug grin I adored so dearly. I stepped into the room and approached her, a wicked smirk on my face. 

When I stood right in front of her, I noticed the small dot of blue paint on her cheek and gently brushed it away. We were very close now and I felt my skin on fire. She was so beautiful. 

“Hey there.” She said, staring at my lips. God, why did she have to do that? It was hard enough to control myself around her when she wore hardly anything. This was just torture. 

“Hey there.” I repeated, a smirk on my face. She blushed and stepped closer to me. I felt my heart quicken, and judging by the smug look on Jovi’s face, she knew the effect she had on me. 

“So what band is this?” I asked curiously, cursing myself for ruining the moment. It was due to end in embarrassment anyway, but that didn't mean I didn't want to try. 

Jovi was the first girl I'd ever been nervous around. I couldn't decide whether or not that was a good thing. 

“Volbeat.” She responded, a giddy look on her face. Jovi loved talking about music, and I knew it, so I always asked her about which bands she loved and such. It made her happy, and as it turned out, she had great taste. My iPod was stacked with new songs all from her. 

“Ah, should I know them?” I asked with my eyebrows raised. I hardly knew half the bands Jovi did, and it was always embarassing not being as well versed in music as she was.

She shook her head. 

“No, but they’re great to paint to.” I nodded, her comment leading to my next, and likely most important, question. 

“So what exactly are you doing with all of this painting?” Her smile stretched from ear to ear as she admired her work. One wall was still black and needed colour, but the rest were finished. It looked amazing, I had to admit. The colours were so random and crazy, but it just screamed Jovi. 

“I was annoyed with all the pink shit, so I decided to scrap it and paint the room myself. I couldn't decide between all these colours, so I thought, why not do them all? Iz said I could do whatever I want with the room, so I did.” I loved the way she was so impulsive and creative and beautiful. I beamed at her and took her hand, not caring about the paint staining my skin. 

“It looks amazing. Do you need help with the last wall?” I asked, waggling my eyebrows at her. She rolled her eyes, faking annoyance at my implications, but nodded all the same. I took off my jacket and rolled up the sleeves of my white shirt. The was going to be interesting. 

Following her lead, I scooped paint from the bowls on the speakers into my hand and started whipping it at the wall. Paint showered across the surface of the wall, covering the black beautifully.

Jovi started dancing gracefully around the room, swaying her hips and rubbing her arms and hair with paint. I stopped throwing paint and watched her. 

She twirled around and I took my chance. When she was facing the wall, I walked up behind her and put my arms around her waist, swaying with the song. She leaned back against me, smearing my shirt with paint. I couldn't care less. All I cared about was the feeling of her against me and her soft laughter and the music the pounded in rhythm with my heart. 

She spun around and rubbed my face gently, still swaying slightly with the intense song. Blue, purple and red spread across my cheek bones, but all I could do was smile at her. 

While I leaned in, ready to kiss her for the first time, she reached behind her and grabbed the bowl of green, dumping its contents on my curls. I gaped at her, my entire upper body covered in paint. She tried to stifle her laughter, but soon she was doubled over clutching her stomach. She wasn't getting off easy, though. 

When she bent over to laugh, I snatched the bowl of purple and poured it over the back of her neck. It dripped down to her face, and soon she was as painted as me.

My painted girl. 

“Haz!” She shouted, wiping the paint from her mouth. I grinned at her. As she opened her mouth to yell at me again, I grabbed her waist and pulled her into a kiss.

Her fingers wove their way into my hair. I traced small circles on her waist where the shirt rose up and she smiled against my mouth. The song ended just as we pulled apart. Her face was smeared with both purple and green, and the only clear part about her was her eyes, but she was still lovely. Her green eyes were nearly as vibrant as the paint now smudged around her lips. 

“Jovi,” I started with a nervous smile.

“Will you be my girlfriend?”