"Thanks George, I appreciate you."

Start from the beginning

"I accept your apology, but I don't think George and I are your business. I mean we broke up Matty, I'm my own person. Sorry." I say, he frowns slightly. "It would just hurt knowing you moved on to be with my best friend, but I guess I'll smile through the pain to spare you my feelings." He tells me bitterly, I drop my head. "Maybe you should move on." I say and walk in to the kitchen.

"I'm back and wearing more clothes, sorry for that." I say, they laugh. Matty comes sulking in, I mentally roll my eyes. "George I'm going out shopping, I'll see you later. I put rent money on the counter." I call out, I place the envelope on the granite.

"It better be just the electric, or we're gonna fight." He says, he starts walking towards me. He grabs the envelope, opening it quickly. "This is way too much money, the bill wasn't that high." He says, he looked disappointed at me paying too much. "Well, get whatever is extra and put it towards groceries or something." I tell him, he moves closer to me in the kitchen.

"Take it with you, treat your self." He says, I laugh slightly. "I have enough on me, just take the money George." I say, he rolls his eyes and puts the money back in the envelope; he knows not to argue with me.

He steps a little bit closer to me, he looked at the boys to make sure they're preoccupied with their own thing. "We'll definitely talk when you come back." He says, he gives my forehead a quick kiss. "Sounds good, bye." I say, then head towards the door.

--

"I'm back George!" I call out, I had a few bags in my hand. "Need any help?" He yells back. "Nope, I can manage. I did get you a present." I say, I hear him bolt towards the kitchen. "Like?" He asks, he sounds too excited for a 27 year old. I dangle the bag of food in front of him. "I stopped by my work to grab you some cheese sticks, and there's a hamburger!" I say, he snatches the bag quickly. "You're the best." He says, he digs out mozzarella stick.

I put my bags in my room, then head back to find George sprawled out on the couch. I stood over him, he smiled up at me. He pushes himself against the couch as far as he could, then opens his arms up. "Wanna lay with me? We can watch a movie?" He suggests, I stare at him blankly.

"You think I can fit on the couch with you, have you seen me?" I ask, he looked offended. He grabs my arm, tugging me down harshly. I mostly fall on top of him, I try to get up quickly, he wouldn't budge. "I am going to break you, please let me go." I plead, I feel him shake his head.

"You're not even hurting me, stop talking about yourself like that. Now, let's watch a movie." He says, turning me on my side, his arm still wrapped around my waist.

He starts playing Monsters, Inc. and the sound of his laughter filling the room when Sully says they should keep Boo and Mike said he loved to have a pet who could kill him. This was one of my favorites, but Monsters University was amazing.

"I think we should talk now." George suggests, I freeze. "Sure." I mumble, I flip towards him, he smiles softly at me.

"Where do we start?" He asks, I shrug. "Okay we'll start with the kiss." He says, I sigh, and look around absentmindedly.

"Well, I'm sorry for doing that. I took advantage of us being buzzed, so sorry. I know that it's wrong because we've been best friends ever since we met at Christina's Coffee Shop, and you're Matty's bandmate and best mate. I don't want it to be weird between us because we're now roommates." I finish in one breath, he smiles. "I understand, you still need time. I get that." He says reassuringly; I give him a hug, he plays with the ends of my hair.

"Do you remember how we met?" He asks, I nod in his chest. "I had just moved here from my small town in America; I was coming for a studying abroad program, you happened to be there. You were in line in front of me, I think you ordered some caramel drink." I start off the story.

"It was a dark roasted caramel coffee, with one shot of vanilla creamer." He says specifically. "But you told them your name was Tree Man G, and I overheard and started laughing so hard. When you turned around and flashed a smile to me, I felt welcomed here in England. Before the coffee shop, I was so nervous about the people. Then, you asked if you wanted to share a table, you bought my drink too. I was so happy to have met at least one friend." I tell him, he smiles against my neck.

"Then I introduced you to the band, you clicked with Matty instantly. You started dating, then your study abroad program ended; you decided to stay. I'm so glad you did, you're one of the best people I've met." He tells me, I smile widely.

"I know I've said this plenty of times, but thank you for allowing me to stay here. I wasn't ready to go back to the states, I'd have to hear my mom complain about how she was right about Matty." I tell him, he starts chuckling. "It's no problem, I like you being here. It's been nice having a roommate." He tells me, I snuggle face further into his neck.

"Were missing the movie." He tells me, I sigh. "But I'm enjoying this." I whine, he pulls me tighter. "Okay good, because I was hoping you'd say you didn't want to move." He tells me. "Let's just stay like this, at least for now." I tell him contently.

I didn't proofread oops.

Also I'm on vaca rn so if I have slow updates I'm sorry.