The Unplanned Attack

Start from the beginning

"Hopefully this sends you straight to Hades," a female's voice said quietly, and I turned around to face whoever was speaking into my ear.

I just didn't turn around fast enough. Clarisse's spear pierced my back directly beside my old mortal point. Though the spot had worn off when I had gone through the Little Tiber, I could still feel the radiating energy that seared through my body when any part of the mortal spot was touched. I felt myself falling down and onto the ground while people around me called my name frantically.

Nico was the first to react, yelling for Will and any other medic that could come and drag me away from the entrance. I tried to sit up but found it difficult, the spear wound too close to my spine. I let out a pained cry and dropped back down, causing the spear to pierce my back even more.

"I-I don't understand," I said shakily. "Why are you doing this?"

"I thought you of all people would understand," Clarisse said angrily, and part of me realized it didn't sound entirely like her. "The gods have put you through Tartarus and back, yet you still fight for them?"

I opened my mouth to answer, but when Clarisse pulled her spear from my back, I interrupted myself with a cry of pain. Nico pushed her away from me and soon I felt Will dragging my body away from the battle. I knew better than to fight against the medic that was carrying me away from the fight, yet I was still trying to get back to the campers.

"Percy, enough," Will scolded worriedly. "We don't need you bleeding out faster because you're trying to fight and get yourself killed."

"I need to help them," I said quietly, fighting harder. "I need to figure out how to get the monsters away from... away from here."

Will grunted and leaned down to pick me up in an attempt to make it harder for me to fight, running towards the infirmary. I decided to give up on fighting him around the time he got me to the infirmary, but at that point I was starting to feel dizzy and lightheaded. The healer set me down on one of the cots, causing me to cry out in pain when the bed put pressure on my wound. Will was in the middle of handing me a piece of Ambrosia when I fell unconscious.

**Annabeth Chase**
Twenty-Four Hours Later

"Hey, Percy," I said softly, running a hand through Percy's hair. "How are you feeling?"

"'m dizzy, Annabeth," he murmured. "I wanna go to sleep..."

I shook my head and squeezed his hand. He let out a sound of protest, but I ignored it as I reached for the bottle of nectar I had slowly been forcing down his throat. I dribbled some into his mouth.

He let me give him the godly drink, trying to move around on the cot he was laying on when I pulled the bottle away. He started to sit up, and when I tried to fight him, he pushed me away. I reluctantly let him lean against the wall.

"Percy, you should lay down," I said, even though I had let him sit up. "Clarisse left a pretty nasty wound."

"I'm just sitting up, Wise Girl," he promised. "It hurts to lay down on it. Was anyone else hurt besides me? What about the monsters, did we get rid of those? What happened to Clarisse?"

"How about you not worry about that?" I tried convincing him, kissing his forehead. "Reyna and Frank said they will send Jason here to report what Camp Jupiter dealt with. Nico will get him, but until then, you should only worry about getting yourself back to full health."

He started to look around the infirmary, sighing at the idea of not worrying. I knew he was going to worry about his home. The look on his face turned to one of relief as he realized he was the only one in the infirmary. He glanced at me.