The Unplanned Attack

**Percy Jackson**

In any other moment, I probably wouldn't have retreated from this kind of a fight, but right now, I was more worried about getting my friends to safety. The large amount of monsters was starting to overwhelm us and I couldn't let anything happen to them. I couldn't let them die: as their friend, as their family, and definitely not as one of their camp leaders.

"I need everyone to fall back!" I called urgently. "We can't risk losing anymore campers!"

I heard a few protests coming from some of the older campers, but the younger campers were more than willing to fall back. I fought my way backwards to the border and when everyone was back inside, Peleus took over the job of protecting camp while we gained energy.

Annabeth was the first to make her way over to me, raising an eyebrow as she tried to figure out what had caused me to draw our forces back. The others turned their gazes on me, and I soon found everyone staring at me for instructions. I couldn't help but notice some people looking at me like I had just done the stupidest thing in the world.

"What is the plan?" I heard one of the doubters call.

The campers that hadn't looked worried before looked worried now. That was more of Annabeth's thing - but I had one this time, and I was determined to show them the old Percy Jackson that so many people had forgotten about since Annabeth and I fell into Tartarus. I cleared my throat before starting to speak loud enough to address the entire group.

"We could use some reinforcements. Our numbers are still small from the last couple of wars, and I don't know if we have enough people to win this battle. I need someone to Iris Message Reyna or Frank and see if they will send us some fighters. Is there anyone from the Athena Cabin that can work on getting information on our possible attacker? I know this isn't just a small attack. There are too many powerful monsters out there trying to get into the border." I said matter-of-factly. "Nico, if Reyna and Frank can send us campers, you will need to take Mrs. O'Leary to Camp Jupiter to get them."

Nico nodded and went to go with Piper and Leo to Iris Message the Roman praetors. I ran towards the border, making sure that Peleus was still holding out. When I was sure he was doing fine, I ran back towards the others. I needed to say a bit more before I could say that my plan was finished.

"Will, take some of the injured campers to the infirmary and get them healed. We're still low on Ambrosia from the wars so only use that if you think it'll truly help us win this fight. We may have more serious injuries if those monsters call for backup."

Will started to call for his siblings to gather any campers that seemed injured. I waited for someone to come back with a report on whether or not we would be getting any help. When the three that had made the call came back with troubled looks on their faces, I got worried for the fate of camp.

"They are dealing with more monsters than we are," Nico said, grabbing his sword from his sheath. "Percy, we need to get back out there and fight those monsters before they defeat Peleus. If they figure out how to get past the border, we won't be able to save camp."

The longer a camper had been there, the more they nodded and soon I was watching multiple people run into the hoard of monsters. I hesitated joining the battle but soon followed Nico out of camp. I started fighting beside him, both of us utilizing our big three powers to keep monsters away from the younger kids.

After a while, I figured we were doing great. The monsters were dying and so far the worst injury was a cut on someone's leg that would most likely require stitches. I should have realized something horrible would happen sooner or later.