.:Sam 2:. {Normal Life AU}

Title: Merry early Christmas?
Warnings: Nothing. Just pure fluff
Words: 683
----------------------------------------------

As soon as the thunder rolled through throughout the already darkened sky, I knew it was going to end up a downpour, practically raining cats and dogs. When the power went out, that's when I stopped being so unruffled.

With Sam out at work, leaving me home by my lonesome with our honeyed, cream Husky, who we've named Hershel. Whom was currently whining and whimpering as he paced and panted throughout the living room. Poor thing was terrified of loud noises, especially thunder and fireworks. They always seemed to send Sam and I's fur-child into a tizzy.

I grabbed my book, my phone, and a big brown blanket that used to adorn a small bed, and made my merry way to the wooden, front porch that could seriously use some tender loving care. I sat on our old, wooden swinging seat, which was older than Sam and I both probably, and helped Hershel into my lap. Before long, he was snoozing and I was dozing to the soft melody of The Rolling Stones.

What awoke me and my fuzzy protecter wasn't the rolling thunder, but the sound of '67 Chevy Impala rolling into the gravel driveway that gave way onto the road a few miles out. Sure we lived in the backwoods, but we loved it here.

Hershel started to bark and growl as he got up, standing between my now hanging legs. "Hersh, calm down, sweetheart, it's just your daddy." I say as I stand to my bare feet, which are ice cold by now from the bad weather, the big brown blanket doing nothing to help them.

Sam, my beloved giant brunet, got out of the passenger side door and waved a goodbye to his older brother, who always drove him to and from work, since they work beside each other and have for the past few years. That and it saved gas money for us. Despite Sam being a lawyer, he still liked to save up.

As Dean waved to me and winked before driving away, Sam ran up to the safety of the awning and gave me a big hug, which I returned as Hershel went ballistic from happiness from seeing his master/the alpha at our ankles. "Hey, short round, have a good day?" Sam greets in a teasing tone.

"Good. But the power's out so me and ankle biter decided to hang out here." You replied as Sam nods and gave you a quick kiss, and to Hershel a scratch behind the ears that had his tail thumping against my ankles.

Sam sighed and looked around. "Well, I'll go get changed if you'll wait for me?" He asked and received a nod as an answer.

----------------TimeSkip----------------

After Sam and I ate a dinner of cereal, we were left relaxing by the fire piled beneath blankets to keep us warm from the cold house. The only noises truly audible above the pouring rain was the fire crackling, Hershel snoring on the chair, and Sam's voice telling stories about his coworkers.

"Don't you ever get bored here?" Sam asked suddenly, making you look up from his lap where your head currently rested. "All you have here is Hershel to keep you company..."

"Samuel, I'm fine." Your chuckle filled tone replied, which didn't help him at all. "I like being home. Besides, I won't be alone much longer."

Sam gave you this flummoxed look, not quite understanding. "What do you mean?" He then groaned and let his head fall back to hit the couch cushion, seeing as you're on the floor. "Please tell me you're mom isn't coming by again? No offense, but she hates me."

You chuckle at that. "Samuel William Winchester, my mother loves you and she isn't coming back until the next holiday." You says. "And no!"

Before Sam could say anything else, you showed him an ultrasound pictures that you had hidden under the decorative tray on wooden table that stay on the rug in the middle of the living room.

 "Merry early Christmas?"