After a quick cuddle with a very sleepy Colin, Jennifer headed into the bathroom to fix her hair and makeup. She went for the usual look; a little concealer, mascara, powder and a nude lip.

Colin prepared coffee for himself and Jen, along with juice for Lily, before taking a seat next to her on the couch. Jennifer soon joined him, the three of them enjoying their last few moments of peace.

Before either of them knew it, that time was over and there was a loud knock at the door. Lily's stomach began to flip uncontrollably, and Colin noticed her face growing increasingly paler. Her eyes began to fill as her breathing grew rapid, her whole body vibrating like crazy. He took her hand after Jen leapt up to grab the door, squeezing it in his reassuringly.

"Just stay with me, you'll be fine." He smiled, before standing up off of the couch and helping Lily up with him.

"Hey!" Jen smiled as she opened the door, instantly pulling Jared in for a hug. He was here with Lana, so now they were just waiting for Ginny and Josh. Jennifer took the two into the sitting room, only to see that Colin and Lily were gone.

"You said you wanted to talk to us?" Lana hinted, frowning at the puzzled expression on Jen's face. 

"Uh yeah, but we need to wait for the others first."

"Okay."

"Can you two wait here for a second, I need to get Colin." She giggled, Lana and Jared both nodding. 

She skipped up the stairs and straight into her bedroom, knowing that's where they'd be. She was right.

Colin was sat on the end of their bed, Lily cuddled under his arms. Her pretty face was stained with tears, and her body was shaking uncontrollably.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She whispered, bending down and taking Lily's hands in hers.

"I'm scared." She sobbed, burying her cheek further into Colin's side.

"You don't have to be sweetheart. You know Colin and I would never put you in any danger. These people are some of our closest ever friends, and I guarantee they'll love you!" Jen promised, a huge grin playing on her lips. "I know, why don't you come down with us and say hello. If you get scared or if you don't like it, you can come back up. Does that sound okay?"

Lily nodded sheepishly, the sudden sound of the door making her flinch.

"That will be Josh and Ginny." Colin sighed, turning to climb off of the bed.

"Don't worry, I got it!" They heard Lana call from downstairs. Colin returned to Lily's side, before taking her hand in his and pulling her off of the bed.

"Okay, let's go." He smiled as he followed Jen out of the room, lingering on the stairs for her to introduce Lily.

"Jennifer!" Josh sang as soon as he saw her, grabbing her shoulders and pulling her in for a tight, air-depriving hug.

"I missed you too, Joshua." She giggled into his shoulder, holding out her arm to take Ginny's hand. She squeezed it tightly, before dropping it down, back to Josh's side.

"Okay, you can let me go now. I need oxygen."

Josh kissed her cheek lightly as he laughed and released her. She quickly embraced Ginny, before ordering the four to take a seat on the couch.

"Okay so—" She started, but Jared instantly cut her off.

"Where's Colin?"

"I'm getting to that." She laughed, hinting for him to be quiet. He got the idea, as he blushed and closed his mouth tightly shut.

"Anyway, I wanted to speak to you guys about this first, before I tell anyone else. I haven't even told my parents yet, actually." She rambled, trying, and failing, to compose a speech in her head. "A few weeks ago, we found a little girl on the streets. She was abused and starving, beaten to the bone."

"That's awful!" Lana sighed, bringing her hands to cover her disgusted expression.

"I know. Colin and I took her into the hospital, but they wanted to send her to a group home. I couldn't let them..." She trailed off.

"What are you saying, Jen?" Josh asked, a confused look in his eyes.

Before she had the chance to answer him, Colin entered the room. Lily was clinging onto his arm, her small torso barely even noticeable against his muscular one. She was cowering behind him, her head buried in the gap between his bicep and his chest. 

The other's didn't see her at first, all four of them sitting with blank expressions on their faces. That was until Ginny gasped, her eyes soon filling with tears.

"What's wrong?" Josh asked, instantly rushing to his wife's side. Ginny said nothing, she simply pointed.

"Ginnifer, Josh, Lana and Jared..." She tailed off, smiling proudly at the little girl in front of her as she held out her hand. Colin walked over to her, with Lily still hidden under his arm. She took Jen's hand as Colin traipsed his across her little shoulder, the three standing together as one. As a family.

"I'd like you to meet Lily."