Meet Lily.

Sorry for not updating in like 3 weeks, I have a serious case of writers block! Sorry if this chapter is a little boring, if anyone has any good ideas for a chapter, please please please let me know. Anyways, enjoy!
— Em🏹💗

A sharp, piercing scream tore through the hallway as Jen and Colin bolted upright, both taking a moment to adjust.

"Lily." Colin sighed, before getting to his feet and heading out of the room, Jen not far behind him.

When they reached Lily's room, they noticed the small girl curled up in a cocoon shape, sat on the edge of the bed with tears staining her little face. They both rushed over to her and crouched down to her level, looking into her broken blue eyes.

"You're okay, we're here." Jen whispered as she took one of her hands in hers, and Colin took the other. Lily let out a loud whimper, before breaking down yet again.

"He was here. He had me. He hurt me. He took me back." She cried, and Jen stood up to climb onto the bed, pulling Lily into her side.

"It's okay, we won't let him hurt you again." Colin assured her, squeezing her hand a little in his.

"What if your friends don't like me? What if they want to hurt me too? Or send me back to him?"

"Oh sweetie," Jen started as she wiped away Lily's tears and held her close. "You don't have to worry about that. They will love you, I promise."

"Now come on. Try and get some more sleep. Jen and I will stay here if you like, to make sure nobody can get to you?" Colin smiled, and Lily nodded slowly.

"Okay, lie down then." Jen nudged her, and she lay down on the left side of the king sized bed. Jen lay next to her as she took her hand, and Colin slid in the other side of Jen. He wrapped his arms around her waist and Jen kissed his forehead, before turning to face Lily. He buried his face into the back of his neck as he slept, and a smile crept across his features.

"Goodnight." They both said before drifting off.

"Goodnight." Lily replied. For once in her life, she had a sense of security. She felt like maybe, just maybe, she didn't have to be afraid. She could be safe.

The following morning, Lily was the first to wake. She thought about waking Colin and Jennifer, then considered trying to fall back to sleep, but ultimately decided to get up, and ready for the day. She pondered around her bedroom until she found some suitable clothes - a pair of blue, skinny jeans and a plain, pink shirt - and then walked over to the bathroom. By the time she had washed, cleaned her teeth and combed her hair, Jennifer was awake.

"Morning," she greeted Lily sluggishly when she returned, holding her hand to her forehead and looking around the room with a puzzled expression.

"Morning." Lily returned as she folded her pyjama shorts and placed them into the top draw.

"Here, let me do that." Jen smiled enthusiastically as she bounced off of the bed and skipped over to the young girl. Lily smiled gratefully, stepping back to allow Jennifer some space.

"What would you like for breakfast?" She asked when she had finally finished.

"I'm not really hungry yet."

"You sure?"

Lily nodded, before shrugging slightly. "Do you mind if I go down and watch the tv?"

"Of course you can, would you like me to set it up or are you good?"

"It's okay, I think I remember. Thanks though." She smiled, before turning leaving the room. Jen heard her feet patter excitedly against the wooden steps as she jumped excitedly down them. To her, even tv was a luxury.