Chapter 28 - Finally Ready To Tell

Adeline's POV

Adeline's POV

I feel relief, for getting all of that off my chest. Now I'll be able to find closure, something I've wanted for a long time, and now I think I'll finally accept that I'm on my own now, and I'm fine with that. Cole comes up from behind me on the bench and embraces my from behind.

"That wasn't too harsh, was it?" I ask.

"No, what you said was perfect. Now he knows how much he messed up your life, and now just lave it at that; just forget about it and live this life in present, and make it how you want." He comes around the bench and plops down beside me, taking my hand in his.

"Does it feel good to finally get that off your chest?" He questions.

"Yes, a lot."

"Good," he pulls me into a side hug and I wrap my arms around his torso. I lean my head on his shoulder and focus out on the street in front of me. Every minute or two a car would rush by, but there's no one on the streets, leaving them vacant.

It's almost like a ghost town, as if it were only Cole and I in this small town.

"When you were telling your dad about your mother's car crash, you said that these people came and took you, and kept you as their slave...is that true?" Cole asks, panic laced in his voice.

"Shh, don't worry about it now...I'll tell you later," I whisper, my head still on his shoulder. I listen to the blue birds chirp up in the trees. Leaves scatter the grass and walkways, dead tree branches and twigs are all over the place. As the seasons turn to fall, it progressively gets colder, a shiver runs up m spine leaving my limbs covered in goosebumps.

"Come on, lets go home before you catch a cold," Cole states, standing up and holding his hand out for me to take and I do, warmth immediately rushes through my body from his touch. I press my body flush against his as we walk down the sidewalk, away from the market and closer to home.

The home I thought was long gone, but it's not, it's all the same.

The wind ruffles my brunette hair, strands fly across my face as I tuck it behind my ear.

I'm glad for telling my father what's been on my mind for years. It feels good for all of it to finally be out of my system, I just never knew that it'd be today that I saw him, and finally stood up to him. After this, I hope to never see him again, because now I've moved on.

But I think it's time to tell Cole about what happened, why I have these bruises, why I was so traumatized when I first saw him, why I wasn't like every other human being.

I think that it's time to tell.

Because he deserves to know.

And I'm finally ready to tell.

___________

This book is almost done😔 Unfortunately there will be no sequel to this story, so it's just a stand alone book, but I hope you've enjoyed! Thank you so much for reading, voting, and commenting!! It really means a lot and it always makes me smile.

HAPPY READING!

~AlexisJadeS22