|79|: Don't Go All Sappy On Me Now

Start from the beginning

"I'm not." She slowly removed her hand. "It's when a villain is injured, they-."

"They're body starts to become cold." Her mother nodded as Chase looked at her state in the hospital.

"You still are the intelligent girl I knew you were."

"Why are you here?" Chase looked at her mother as Daniella looked confused.

"What do you mean?" She asked concerned.

"Why did you come here?" Dianna asked softly.

"To see you, silly." Daniella giggled lightly.

Dianna looked away.

"I know you're upset, darling but I, I honestly came to see you." Her mother once again held her hand. "I don't know what I would do if anything happened to you."

"What day is it?" She asked softly.

"What?" Daniella asked confused.

"What day is it?" Dianna looked up slightly, her eyes looked like crystals with the water forming in them.

Daniella swallowed and answered. "12th July." Was all she responded.

"It's been a week?" Dianna asked as her mother nodded her head.

"Did you visit me in that week, or was today your first visit." Dianna stared at her mother. They had so much of a resemblance, the blonde hair, those beautiful eyes, even the pinkish lips.

"To-today." Her mother stammered.

"I was in the hospital for one week and you only visited me today?" Dianna asked softly the water daring to fall down her eyes.

"Why didn't you visit me?" She asked. "Please don't tell me you were busy."

Daniella kept mum. Chase slowly took her hand away from her mother's grasp and looked to the side.

"Darling, please." Daniella started as Chase looked up at her mother.

"I never knew business mattered more than your own daughter." A tear slipped down her eye as she said that with so much hurt and aggravation in her tone.

Daniella licked her lips not knowing what to do or say anymore. She looked at Chase with her adorning eyes, filled with deep regret and sadness.

"You're my daughter. Nothing comes before family." She assured Dianna who looked into those eyes of hers.

"Except business." With that, Chase wiped at her tear and looked at her mother, the usual hard face she had, filled with coldness as Daniella licked her lips.

"That's not true." Daniella began once again. "Believe me, every mother loves their children and would do a lot for them, nothing can get between my children and me."

"Then why did you start actually caring for my siblings after I left the superhero league?" Chase flashed her eyes to her mother's.

For once, Daniella was speechless, she had no idea how to answer to that or what exactly to think. It was true she wasn't around her children a lot due to business and not having their mother or father figure as much deteriorated many relationships.

"Answer that, mom." Daniella glanced up at her daughter as soon as she said 'mom' the longing feeling of hearing that precious word. It killed her internally as a tear fell from her eye. Chase's eyes held a knowing look, her hand didn't know whether to wipe the tear or to do nothing. Daniella wiped at the tear automatically and smiled up at her daughter.

"Business is business. Family is family. One day I'll explain it you. Get some rest." With that, the professional Daniella Chase was out the door.

Chase stared at her mother's retreating figure as the door closed but not before opening again as Chase blinked up to see it was her brother, Daniel.

"Hey, sis." He greeted.

"Hey, bro." She smiled as he wrapped his arms around her, in which she embraced him in return.

Daniel took his seat and grabbed hold of his sister's hand and smiled lovingly. "It's been a week and I actually missed you, raccoon." She cracked a smile and nodded.

"Did you now, beaver?" He nodded his head before looking at his sister.

"We were all worried, you know. I kept seeing you in this condition, everything was the same and nothing changed." He swallowed hardly. "It was agonising seeing your twin unconscious and not knowing when she'll wake up." Chase looked at him, Daniel looked like he had no sleep, but remained his flawless state, his eyes shone colourfully, almost as if he'd rejuvenated.

He looked tired, but happy and there were too many emotions to read that it dawned upon Dianna.

Everyone was worried.

She licked her lips and began to speak. "I'm here now, Daniel. I would never leave you." She solely stated as she knew the life the twins lived.

They were always together and had become each other's best friend because their parents were always doing business. It was difficult especially being the main superhero's children, that they never knew when they had real friends or not.

"Don't go all sappy on me now, Dianna." Daniel had an amused look, with one eye slightly narrowed and a smile dancing on his lips.

Dianna chuckled as the two chatted for quite some time before Storm came in.

"Hey."

"Hey."